Relathering after the last pass - what's the point?

Ditto here.

Believe I read on B&B some of the Americans do it to wash their face, which means lathering their whole face after the last pass. One fellow did not even rinse afterwards but let the lather 'sink into' his visage. odd to say the least.

This was where I saw it:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.theshaveden.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14287">http://www.theshaveden.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14287</a><!-- m -->

Hope I'm not breaking etiquette!

It is an American thing.

They are trying to elevate what is a simple task into a ritual with a syllabus and grading structure.

You too could be a 3rd Dan in Shave jutsu.

must just be me then :roll:

i do it regularly, leave it on while i clean my razor and brush, then i remove it and go on with my Alum or whatever i'm using.

i think i read about it on B+B as just another way to help your skin recover after the shave, won't do any harm that's for sure

hando said:

i do it regularly, leave it on while i clean my razor and brush, then i remove it and go on with my Alum or whatever i'm using.

i think i read about it on B+B as just another way to help your skin recover after the shave, won't do any harm that's for sure

So long as you remember to rinse your face before leaving the house you should be OK.

philamac said:
hando said:

So long as you remember to rinse your face before leaving the house you should be OK.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am guilty of it too from time to time. Maybe i cannot cope with wasting a good lather & I think i read somewhere that the goodies in the cream/soap help some.....As philmac says, it wont harm.

Fido said:
I noted elswhere that it is a common practice to relather AFTER the last pass, then remove it before passing on to the rest of the post shave routine. What is the point of this?

So you can wander around the bathroom and pretend that you have a nice white beard. Isn't it obvious? ;)

Ian

Fido said:
I noted elswhere that it is a common practice to relather AFTER the last pass, then remove it before passing on to the rest of the post shave routine. What is the point of this?

Ni idea either but being a bloke I'm going to give it a go tomorrow...unless I sleep in again...better use a decent cream I suppose!

Can't let our colonial cousins be one up on us if they have actually stumbled upon something.
:roll:

Blyth Spirit said:
Well gentlemen, I went and did it.

What a waste of time, effort and Maca Root, thought I.

I'll stick to myWWR & CWR, I'm too cranky to change now anyway.

Best wishes.

I too had a go at this sometime in the last week. I just ended up taking longer washing the lather off my face. No pleasure came from the experience. I am not cranky, but I reserve the right to become so at some stage in the not-too-distant future.

Back
Top Bottom