Received as a suprise, my first DE!!

D

Deleted member 11009

To my complete surprise a friend of mine sent me as a gift my first DE (he wants me to abandon "that shitty multiblades" as he calls them). According to my research (i'm a total newbie) it should be a "YAQI short heavy handle with a scalloped closed comb head". I will try to tame that beast after watching some youtube videos. Grant me some luck. I hope i will not go to the ER.yaqi-blade cap.jpg

That looks like a good razor, and the Yaqi items I have purchased have all worked well. It looks a bit fierce, but probably isn't. It should prove pretty easy to master, with a bit of patience. Just concentrate on gliding the blade across your face without pressing down with it and you will avoid a visit to your local hospital.

Hello! Hello! Hello! Hello! Hello!
And welcome to the Rabbit hole.. (as mentioned above)
Razors, soaps, creams, pre shave creams/oils, blades, brushes (badger, boar, horse, mixed & synthetic), aftershave lotions/balms, alum blocks and much much more are all waiting to meet you on your journey through the 'Warren' of DE Shaving.

Wahooo its so exciting!!!

sold it. De shaving is not for me. I will continue with a shick hydro 5 and an electric arc5

Well at least you gave it a go
thanks. You know what... i'm an engineer and being so unfortunately i inherited a pragmatic attitude in many aspects of life. And speaking of shaving that translates in definitely NOT wanting to spend a lifetime just to remove a bunch of hair from my face. I could never waste 20+ minutes of my precious time early in the morning for "shower/preshave/lathering/WTG/relathering/XTG/relathering/ATG/lotion" and in the meantime also having to take care of angles...short strokes...skin traction..etc!! just thinking about these things makes me want to throw the safety razor through the window. Defiitely not for me!!!

Back
Top Bottom