Rare Razor ?

I have managed to get my hands on a rare (I think) Razor. I have found an eBay seller whose grandfather was a sales manager at Gillette in Isleworth years ago I have some nice photos and memorabilia from her and I managed to buy from her a gold razor with a 70s tech style handle and top plate and an open comb base plate. I just assume it was a one off gift or a possible prototype or a piece of fun ?? Here are some pics and the box it came in

This is what should be in that box.

1959%20(E3%20on%20blade)%20Presentation%20Set%20Rocket%20Gold%20England.JPG

The only thing that might be unusual about your razor is the gold plating. There are plenty of open comb Gillette Techs, some say Gillette on the cap some are Gillette Nacet branded with the alligator on the cap, there is another variation also, but the name eludes me at the moment.

...The only thing that might be unusual about your razor is the gold plating. There are plenty of open comb Gillette Techs, some say Gillette on the cap some are Gillette Nacet branded with the alligator on the cap, there is another variation also, but the name eludes me at the moment.

I believe the rare Tech OC razors were made in England and marketed in France for whatever reason. That said, I have never seen a gold plated one before. :unsure:

This is what should be in that box.

1959%20(E3%20on%20blade)%20Presentation%20Set%20Rocket%20Gold%20England.JPG

The only thing that might be unusual about your razor is the gold plating. There are plenty of open comb Gillette Techs, some say Gillette on the cap some are Gillette Nacet branded with the alligator on the cap, there is another variation also, but the name eludes me at the moment.

I know the box, I have a gold rocket in my Gillette collection it's just what the razor was found in when the owners house was being cleared , the owner worked at Gillette for years as sales manager before he retired, the razor is not made of Aluminium it's much heavier than my aluminium techs and there is no place of manufacture or date code on the base plate.

I think this is sort of a "lunch bucket" special, but most likely the owner as a salesman had someone on the shop floor make him a custom "one off" razor. That is why I am going to make a most generous offer of 10 Euros for the whole kit to unburden Sunburyboy's mind. Of course, I expect him to foot the intl. shipping. ;) :ROFLMAO:

Dear Lord, not 30 seconds back in the door and the mad beggar is right back at it !

JohnnyO. o/.

Hey buddy,

Yep, he's doing it again! Hah, the newer members don't realize how 'lucky' that guy is. Maybe Steve will show a pic of that beat up old 195 bottom dial he found while visiting Yankeeland a few years ago.

Sheeesh,

Mervin

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom