Quick, hold me back!

Who can resist a bargain like this:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Antique-1910s-British-EVER-READY-shaving-SAFETY-RAZOR_W0QQitemZ250502773087QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Collectables_Barber_Shop_Collectables_LE?hash=item3a5320f95f#ht_4206wt_782" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Antique-1910s-Bri ... 4206wt_782</a><!-- m -->

I would make a more sensible offer (most of them are going for about £3-4 inc postage!) but even the postage is £3.20!!

Crazy :shock:

This has been kicking round on ebay for a week or two, i actually have it in my watch list in-case someone buys it.

the scary thing is that the person selling it is supposed to be an antique dealer, it doesnt take two seconds to do a google search to find out the value of these.. one does wonder..

Perhaps he did it as a bet

Oh - on that note: I passed a bric-a-brac shop in Lewes (East Sussex) called 'The Treasury' that's closing down and open only on Fridays (I think). They seemed to have a lot of old china but I did notice some shaving gear - might be worth you dropping them a line to see if you could bolster your stock cheaply?

High St, Lewes: 01273 480446

I've PIF's three of these this year.

That's £350 I've given you lot.

Or not.

:?

Let's do a group buy on it and then a draw for the single lucky winner. 112 of us at a pound each.

Or not.

neocaligatio said:
Oh - on that note: I passed a bric-a-brac shop in Lewes (East Sussex) called 'The Treasury' that's closing down and open only on Fridays (I think). They seemed to have a lot of old china but I did notice some shaving gear - might be worth you dropping them a line to see if you could bolster your stock cheaply?

High St, Lewes: 01273 480446

Oh I will give them a call this afternoon and see if they hav any goodies. thanks for the heads up.

No problem - just remember I'm on the look out for a bargain gillette adjustable! If you find a slim twist or similar and they're willing to part with it for bargain prices let me know ;)

Naked Ape said:
Rev-O, you've PIFd three antique razors like the one above over the past year? Seriously?
My address........ ;)

I reckon I've sold about 30 and PIF'd about 20 - mostly DE's, some SE's.

I've also bought a few (ahem) and been PIF'd a few (ahem), so there's healthy two-way traffic.

Suffice to say I now only have seven razors, which is about a third of what I had six months ago . . . .

However, I am familiar with almost all the old Gillette and many of the modern Merkurs.

neocaligatio said:
No problem - just remember I'm on the look out for a bargain gillette adjustable! If you find a slim twist or similar and they're willing to part with it for bargain prices let me know ;)

There is a incredibly cheap Gillette Aristocrat just put up on B&B £70 shipped to the uk, I know its not exactly cheap but it is an amazing deal, if you didnt like it you could probably just about double your money give or take £20

Back
Top Bottom