quest for blade perfection

The trouble with blades is that different blades suit different people.
I can't stand Derbys or Dorco 301. Gillete 7 o clock sharp edge were better. Feathers are perhaps my second favourite so far. Astra superiors are currently in the lead. I am debating whether to purchase more Astras or perhaps I should try a few others first. I'm considering trying personnas (I believe there is more than one type) crystal, irridium super and maybe the 7 o clock permasharp and 7 o clock super platinum.
What should I do?

Here's my rationale: When I find a blade I really enjoy, I buy a heap of them (300+), then I move on looking for another - because up until now, a lot of blades I've liked have gone out of production before I discovered I like them...

I'd have a look at Gillette Super Thins - the Thai ones (not the Platinum version). Nearly cheaper than growing a beard and very pleasant shave to boot.

hunnymonster said:
Here's my rationale: When I find a blade I really enjoy, I buy a heap of them (300+), then I move on looking for another - because up until now, a lot of blades I've liked have gone out of production before I discovered I like them...

I'd have a look at Gillette Super Thins - the Thai ones (not the Platinum version). Nearly cheaper than growing a beard and very pleasant shave to boot.

HM
I fancy buying these. What would be your closest blade comparison. Recently bought 100 Astra Super Platiniums & 100 Gillette Bleue Extra. I've found these smooth and fairly sharp as I have a heavy beard. Will the Thai's love me long time?

Regards

rangers62 said:
I fancy buying these. What would be your closest blade comparison. Recently bought 100 Astra Super Platiniums & 100 Gillette Bleue Extra. I've found these smooth and fairly sharp as I have a heavy beard. Will the Thai's love me long time?

Ooooh - that's a tricky one - there's nothing quite like it to me - near zero cutting noise, yet still a sinkful of whiskers... last for 6/7 days... it's like nirvana.

Not just me saying it though - Messrs Fido, Stitch306, Fozz77 and others have said it too... See Here

I wonder if these are the same blades used by the LBMT's in the sex shows in Bangkok?

Try a sample pack for sure.. I have yet too hear anything negative about the Super Thins.

I've yet to try the Super thins but bought a 100 on the basis that they have had good reviews and if I really don't like them I can PIF them on this site. ;)

Back
Top Bottom