Preshave creams and oils

Iv bought proraso white not tried yet and nuage shave oil today for £1 from Sainsbury's not tried it yet either but people recommend them

I have the Proraso green pre-shave, and I like it (not sure if it is very effective, but it is very pleasant). It has a super strong IMO menthol scent which is great, but can clash with or overpower whatever your lather may be scented with.

I recently got the Proraso red pre-shave, and I like it even more -- lovely mild sandalwood fragrance. I'm still undecided about the true benefits of the product, though. I can tell you that using these pre-shaves is a terrific example of the axiom less is more. Using too much of this stuff will gunk up your razor and spoil your lather.

I find that just a very small amount (pea size?) rubbed into my wet beard is best. I have yet to try their white pre-shave, but the Proraso white Liquid Aftershave Cream is a favorite of mine.
~

+1 for Proraso Green. I use it pre and post shave. The menthol and eucalyptus make my skin feel as though it is breathing. Not so sure it softens anything up for me... But the fresh feeling it gives was worth the purchase. Managed to lay my hands on a 300ml pot for £12 which was a bargain. I tend to use it every day. It really wakes me up on a morning! The only other preshave I have tried was from Edwin Jagger. It was a sample I received when purchasing my DE89. It was extremely overpowering!

I shaved this morning without any pre shave and certainly had a clog free razor and I have to say a closer shave and just as smooth. I did miss that nice tingling that Proraso gives though.

Proraso green is great but I prefer Murdock's pre shave oil. More of a noticable difference, as well as a nicer scent which doesn't interfere with the soap/cream scent.

I got some Bluebeards Revenge pre-shave oil as a present for Christmas, only used it a couple of times.

It seems to improve the shave, but not sure if that's my imagination. Have been saving it for a side-by-side test (half the face with pre-shave oil, half without) to see if I can tell a difference.

Nicked said:
+1 for Proraso Green. I use it pre and post shave. The menthol and eucalyptus make my skin feel as though it is breathing. Not so sure it softens anything up for me... But the fresh feeling it gives was worth the purchase. Managed to lay my hands on a 300ml pot for £12 which was a bargain. I tend to use it every day. It really wakes me up on a morning! The only other preshave I have tried was from Edwin Jagger. It was a sample I received when purchasing my DE89. It was extremely overpowering!

As I try to type this, my eyes are almost streaming. Why? Coz I just rubbed the free sample of Jaggers Hydrating Cream into my chops. Boy, this is way, way stronger than my own Frankenoil...and I thought that was fairly strong.

How do the Prorasos compare?

I'm not convinced by pre-shave products. I've only used Proraso green and trumpers skin food, and although they're both pleasant to use and smell great, I always find the razor doesn't glide as smoothly - but could just be me [emoji16].

Back
Top Bottom