Polsilver Lodz - Polsilver Super Iridium

I'm sure these blades have had plenty of airtime on this and other forums but I'm confused.

I was recently and very kindly gifted a pack of Lodz when I bought a razor from @RussellR5555 and also have a Super Iridium blade to try out as well but this is where I'm stuck.

Are they the same blade, just made in different eras or are they completely different? Was the Lodz discontinued then the Super Iridium come out or were they in production together?

Thanks

I'm sure these blades have had plenty of airtime on this and other forums but I'm confused.

I was recently and very kindly gifted a pack of Lodz when I bought a razor from @RussellR5555 and also have a Super Iridium blade to try out as well but this is where I'm stuck.

Are they the same blade, just made in different eras or are they completely different? Was the Lodz discontinued then the Super Iridium come out or were they in production together?

Thanks

These are my favourite 2 blades (so far...:rolleyes:) The Łódź is an earlier blade than the SI. There may have been production overlap, but I'm no historian.

They are definitely from the same school of thought but for me the Łódź is the better blade, but I'm not someone who automatically fetishises NOS blades over current production. At one point the Łódź was twice the price of the SI but it is not twice the blade, imho. Prices have closed up now which more realistically reflects their performance.

As with everything like this, it's all incredibly subjective and dependent on your kit, technique and regime. They're both good blades, and if one suits you, the other one should do too.

Last edited:
I suppose I am one of the few who does not get on with them. The wizamet on the other hand is a very nice blade for me, strange as they are supposed to be very similar.

I'm the same as Tony. Bought some Lodz a few years ago because Polsilvers are my favourite, and was surprised that I couldn't use them comfortably. I was concerned they were fakes or whatever, so sold them off on this forum at a knock-down price, with the caveat that I wasn't sure they were alright. The buyer was extremely happy with them.

YMMV strikes again!

Useful to know this as well and also where can these be bought from?
The Moroccan seller is reliable:

Alternatively bigdealsmart who is UK based:

Without wanting to take the thread off topic, is the general consensus that the new (Russian 2018/19 onwards) Wizamets are rebranded Polsilver SIs?

There seems to be a little debate on whether the PPI Wizamet SI's are the same blade as the PPI Polsilver SI's. Some believe it is exactly the same blade, others think there is a difference.

There have been a few issues with counterfeit Wizas as well, there were a few that cropped up on the B&B thread about them.

I've only used the PPI Polsilver SI which I find to be a good blade for sure and like a few other PPI blades (Nacet, Permasharp SS) I really like I find it performs at it's best with a few shaves under it's belt, and at that point in my razors and with a good lather I find the differences between these 3 blades to be minor.

I've not used a Lodz Polsilver though, Paul BladeMonkey sent me a few and I am looking forward to using them.

There seems to be a little debate on whether the PPI Wizamet SI's are the same blade as the PPI Polsilver SI's. Some believe it is exactly the same blade, others think there is a difference.

There have been a few issues with counterfeit Wizas as well, there were a few that cropped up on the B&B thread about them.

I've only used the PPI Polsilver SI which I find to be a good blade for sure and like a few other PPI blades (Nacet, Permasharp SS) I really like I find it performs at it's best with a few shaves under it's belt, and at that point in my razors and with a good lather I find the differences between these 3 blades to be minor.

I've not used a Lodz Polsilver though, Paul BladeMonkey sent me a few and I am looking forward to using them.
Thanks Shubs. It's difficult to find a poor PPI blade (IMO)

Back
Top Bottom