Polo Shirts

25 years ago I had Polo shirts from every fashion brand going: Polo RL, LaCoste, Boss, Armani etc. Later I switched to Supima Polos from Lands End. I have now decided to improve my Polo selection. There a few made in England brands but they aren't very attractive. So in the last few days I have ordered 4 Spier and Mackay Egyptian cotton polo's, an Alan Paine Pima polo, a Sunspel Pima, and from Italy a Fedeli.

What brands do you favour?

I used to wear Timberland, but their quality seems to have gone downhill and the fit seem to be more 'fashionable' now, rather than classic.
I've switched to Orvis in the last few years, for both short sleeved and long sleeved polos. They're built like tanks, do not fade or shrink and keep their shape. They can often be found on sale or with generous discount for multi-buys, both online and in-store.

Am keen to see recommendations here. Have generally bought RL as I love the colours and they fit my shape, but the newer ones seem to fade after a few washes and the collars deteriorate. They always used to be a smart look but no longer. And they ain't cheap.

I bought a couple of Lacoste and they were rubbish after a couple of washes, colour ran out and lost their shape, at £65 each I was gutted, never buy another now...and it was from a lacoste outlet.

More have arrived, the Alan Paine contains polyester so is going back.

20200304_160503.jpg

So now a proud owner of a Fedeli Giza 45 and a John Smedley Sea Island Polo.

Back
Top Bottom