Hello. I had to let my face rest last week because of the bad cuts and irritations I had. I was supposed to shave yesterday but over the weekend I ended up cutting my right thumb and it got infected[emoji2357][emoji2357][emoji2357]Paul,
How are your shaves going ?
Shaving shouldnt be uncomfortable or scary!Hello. I had to let my face rest last week because of the bad cuts and irritations I had. I was supposed to shave yesterday but over the weekend I ended up cutting my right thumb and it got infected[emoji2357][emoji2357][emoji2357]
Si I haven’t been able to shave just yet. I’m thinking of maybe putting a latex glove and try and shave but my thumb hurts when I even hold a pen. So just waiting maybe to let it heal a little.
Either way want to confess that I’m scared as hell to shave again and end up with irritation and burning again!! Hahaha
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You will improve over time. Read the tips on here, articles & YouTube vids etc. Occasionally I get a nick, I know instantly when it’s happened, before the blood, and get cheesed off as I know it’s gonna bleed some and take a good few days to fade away. It’s a reminder to take it easy and treat your shave with respect. My last one was when I used my face muscles to stretch my moustache area, for no apparent reason, cut the bottom of my nose and it’s only just fading now. I’ve had a couple where I was so annoyed that I’d have a couple of cart shaves afterwards. Then I remembered how after a cart shave, it either feels like I haven’t shaved at all, or I overdo it and then have a sore face for hours. Keep at it and please ask any questionsHello. I had to let my face rest last week because of the bad cuts and irritations I had. I was supposed to shave yesterday but over the weekend I ended up cutting my right thumb and it got infected
Dial it back by 80%, a 90 minute shave is frankly ridiculous but thank you for your honesty.Hello guys thank you so much for your reply’s.
Right now I’m using a Gillette Tech razor, Tabac Soap, and razorock synthetic brush. I don’t think it’s a reaction of the soap because I have been using this soap with the voskhod blade that was the only time it went well for me. I think the lather is quite good. I’ve worked really hard to get a slick lather practicing on my hand on Off shaving days. I also shave with cold water because I felt with the voskhod that it helped with the irritation on the chin. I also have a merkur 34c and a fatip grande. I bough those razors from other suggestions. I do have other soaps besides tabac. I just wanted to keep with one soap and not change that much just to see which blade would be good for my skin. I can chance to whatever other soap you guys recommend.
Here is my routine:
• Put Brush in Mug with WARM Water
• Shower with WARM water
• Wash face with warm water in shower
• Don’t towel dry the face after shower
• Start Preparing your Lather (I use “another cut above vídeo lather)
• After the shower soak face with cold water
• Apply remaining's of lather soap on face with hands and gently scrub face with hands
• Apply REALLY COLD TOWEL on face and leave on for 1-2 min
o Take off lather with towel
• Apply Pre-shave Cream PREP Original
• Start 1st pass lather
• Rinse Face with Warm Water
• Rinse Face with Cold Water
• Apply Alum Block with Cold Water
• After 1 min Rinse Off Alum block with Cold Water
• Dry Face gently with towel
• Apply The Cool Fox to help with irritation
• Apply Moisturize Balm Nivea sensitive skin
• Keep moisturizing between shaves as needed
Apply Thayers or similar.
I second CjH's Point 2 most definitely. My first pass is WTG (all my beard), second and final pass XTG (most of my beard but not my chin). In the first pass on my chin I take it slow and easy, short buffing strokes, doing my best to follow WTG where possible. Any touch-ups I do, I don't include the chin.Hi mate,
Looking at the pictures was like looking in a mirror 6-8 months ago for me.
It does seem to get better all of a sudden, well it did for me.
Some of the things I found that helped me was the following:-
1. Use a Pre Shave Cream/oil. Let it soak in. (apply it then brush your teeth or do your hair etc) (Nuage Menthol Pre Shave Oil is cheap and I regularly use ut)
2. Just try only shaving the chin area once or twice but only WTG, don't try 3rd passes.
3. Somthing I'm confident that really helped me was using Witch Hazel mixed with a post shave oil. Apply liberally and leave to soak in before attempting any Colognes or EDT's
Hope all goes well over thext few weeks.
Keep us up to date with your progress, we are all happy to help here.