Planning shaves in advance

Paul L

Chief GOW
It's not something I do as a rule.
Sometimes during the day I decided / half decide what I'll use for my evening shave, but I often change my mind.
So, with this in mind, I'm going to take SOTD photos for my next few shaves with some of the hardware/software in the below photo, and stick to it.

Do you plan your shaves in advance ?

Not really unless one considers in advance being within a 5 minute time frame.

I do occasionally plan where there is a new product in the mix and in which case planning in advance would be the inclusion of just one item.

Working away and being limited takes a bit of pre-thinking and after that I am more or less tied down and I guess 'in advance' means having no choice.

I do by nature become a bit obsessive in which case thinking ahead is very easy

Last edited:
Not really unless one considers in advance being within a 5 minute time frame.

I do occasionally plan where there is a new product in the mix and in which case planning in advance would be the inclusion of just one product.

Working away and being limited takes a bit of pre-thinking and after that I am more or less tied down and I guess 'in advance' means having no choice.

I do by nature become a bit obsessive in which case thinking ahead is very easy

Five minute timeframe ! (Guilty as charged!)

Half my trouble is that I'm usually too lazy to take out what's in the bathroom cabinet and re-stock with different gear every week or two.

Every friday i plan my shaves out for the coming week,i found it's good way of knowing what software/hardware i use in my SOTD set ups and remind myself to use some items more often that i've neglected.This week i've had a' vintage SE razor week.

I really should be more organised I guess.
I'll try to take a leaf out of your book

I've soaps, balms and aftershaves etc that haven't seen the light of day for months.
Most of my shaving related gear is kept in storage boxes atop a wardrobe in the spare bedroom and in the bottom drawer of my dresser.
Trouble is, if Mrs L was to see the extent of my obsession (hobby), she would likely blow a gasket !!

I've soaps, balms and aftershaves etc that haven't seen the light of day for months.
Most of my shaving related gear is kept in storage boxes atop a wardrobe in the spare bedroom and in the bottom drawer of my dresser.
Trouble is, if Mrs L was to see the extent of my obsession (hobby), she would likely blow a gasket !!

I guess I am slightly advantaged here as Mrs SF gave me the whole of the shower room cabinets to go at. She has the bathroom cupboard and 90% of the house after that.

Quote....'Most of my shaving related gear is kept in storage boxes atop a wardrobe in the spare bedroom '..Mine was too until last year i decided to have a ruthless den/shaving item clean out..Which most was passed on to work mates and family,items..items that was left i sent to shaving graveyard.recycle bin..

This was all down to my 'RAD' impulsive buying bouts, i recently aquired a vintage SE Gem-Micromatic as a pre-birthday present to myself..I now have to justify to myself when i buy shaving related items..'I have more than what i need for wet shaving, not what i want'..Appreciate and use what you have neglected or forgotten you've had in your shave set ups you'll feel better for it, i do.

Regards. B (y)

Sometimes during the day I decided / half decide what I'll use for my evening shave, but I often change my mind.
So, with this in mind, I'm going to take SOTD photos for my next few shaves with some of the hardware/software in the below photo, and stick to it.

I tend to act on impulse. Depends on the mood of the moment.

I have a Little Cupboard in my Office I then choose the items I want and take them to the bathroom. My Office is near the front door and my wife approves as the Fragrances make my office and the Hall smell very nice.

I rarely decide in advance, just see what takes my mood.

WOW! You do have a really good collection, yeah If I any going on an important meeting I usually shave bit in advance...

I plan when I want to break-in a brush, master a razor, titanic soap/cream/AS, or when I experiment. Today I'll use a Fatip Testina Gentile bottom plate in a Piccolo mk1 (pre 2016) and see if it becomes a more efficient TG, a tamed Piccolo, or something in-between.

No, I have a rotation of about 15 brushes that I use in order, so I just reach for the next one. I use the same razor every day until the blade quits, and I use one soap until it's gone. I have some random blades that I've been using just to get rid of them, I just grab the next one.

Yep. I'm a boring guy. :(

No, I have a rotation of about 15 brushes that I use in order, so I just reach for the next one. I use the same razor every day until the blade quits, and I use one soap until it's gone. I have some random blades that I've been using just to get rid of them, I just grab the next one.

Yep. I'm a boring guy. :(
You mean you don't hold copious amounts of shaving paraphernalia stock you struggle to work through in your lifetime?

What's wrong with you?

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom