Personna Red Packs

Are the personna red packs that you can get from the states......

21iy6DGnECL._SL500_AA150_.jpg

.....the exact same blades you get when you buy personna red packsa from the UK?

PER-BLA-10.jpg

Although the packaging is different the blades are wrapped exactly the same however I am noticing quite a dramatic difference in shave quality between the two. The ones I bought from the US are excellent shavers and the ones I bought in the UK good shavers but leave me a bit uncomfortable afterwards.

Anyone got any Input on this? Paul maybe?

Hmmmmm it may be time to try another brand for a while then. Still got some Astras to try as well as Gilette 7 o'clock (yellow) and Feathers of course. I might try ordering another sample pack.

Yes talk to Paul and he will make you up a good sampler pack, I like Personna blades in general day to day use, they aren't super sharp but I do find they give me a nice smooth shave.

Im gonna try a fresh blade next shave as the last 6 or 7 of these which I've used have run the course from excellent to average. I know blades that I dont like so I'd guess paul might do me a mix and match.

andyjreid said:

.....the exact same blades you get when you buy personna red packsa from the UK?

PER-BLA-10.jpg

Although the packaging is different the blades are wrapped exactly the same however I am noticing quite a dramatic difference in shave quality between the two. The ones I bought from the US are excellent shavers and the ones I bought in the UK good shavers but leave me a bit uncomfortable afterwards.

Same blades made in Israel. For some reason the blades for Euro distribution are packed in 10's in the plastic dispenser.

pdmayhew said:
andyjreid said:

PER-BLA-10.jpg

Same blades made in Israel. For some reason the blades for Euro distribution are packed in 10's in the plastic dispenser.

Are you Paul from connaught?

The ASDA and TESCO personnas are exactly the same (as are the Boots but I have never been inclined to buy them)

As long as you hand strop the ASDA blades they are a nice clean shave. I look forward to my "red personnas" for a comparison. If nothing else they are sure cheaper from Paul than they are from your local multi-international warehouse!

Paul, is there any chance you could knock me up a sampler similar to your "popular" one but excluding Derby, Personna Red and Crystal? Oh and I've also tried Dorco and Merkur blades.

Back
Top Bottom