Active Pass around of my RazoRock ECO SE razor

I have one of these, I bought it to try it. I've tried it, there's nothing wrong with it, it's just not for me. Hence the pass around.

It's an SE razor similar in style to the RazorRock Hawk, however it uses a DE blade that's been snapped in half. The fitting of the blade is straight forward, even intuitive, and the blade is held in place very well. There are numerous You Tube videos demonstrating the process of snapping the blade, the secret is to keep the waxed paper on until you've snapped it.

The usual rules apply, clean it when you receive it, clean it before you pass it on, and use registered post. I'd be grateful if no one hung onto it for more that a week, and I'm initially going to limit the offer to people who've been members longer than six months.

Please reply to this if you're interested, I'll wait a little then compile a list, and get the ball rolling.

Neil.

First shave with the razor this evening and it certainly took me by surprise. This has to rank alongside the MJ-90 as the best made Razorock aluminium razor I've come across so far. Everything fits together extremely well and it looks as though some considerable thought has gone into its design.

I tried it with half of a Shark blade and it mowed down 6 days worth of growth with ease. It was a little tuggy on the first pass (which was to be expected) and didn't suffer from any clogging. The blade angle felt intuitive enough and reminded me of a number of other SE's in that it performs best the closer you get to a 90 degree angle.

The shave, unfortunately, can only be described as efficient and rough. I've been spoilt over the years by increasingly smooth razors and certainly wouldn't describe this razor as being smooth. On the plus side, there were no weepers or irritation, which did surprise me given the roughness of the shave.

Thanks again to @neilwf for letting me try out this razor. I'm hopeful that things will improve with a different choice of blade tomorrow, given that Shark's aren't a usual go to blade for me.

Second shave with the razor today using a Voskhod blade. This gave much better results and a significantly smoother shave was the result.

Like most aluminium razors the cutting is pretty auidible and this razor does feel to be on the aggressive side of things.

Head shave tomorrow, which, given the results so far, should prove interesting.

I think I shall skip it if it is aggressive. I can't seem to get good shaves from aggressive razors.
Thanks!
Second shave with the razor today using a Voskhod blade. This gave much better results and a significantly smoother shave was the result.

Like most aluminium razors the cutting is pretty auidible and this razor does feel to be on the aggressive side of things.

Head shave tomorrow, which, given the results so far, should prove interesting.

Top Bottom