Palmolive in tubes

£1.69 in a local small chemist. Good, bad or ugly?

Which variety is it? The standard green tube?

The standard green one you can get in supermarkets and UK chemists, is Belgian made and it's pretty good. The green menthol one which Connaughts and a few others sell is a bit more expensive but is Italian made and is more concentrated than the Belgian counterpart.

Good! I bought two a few Months ago & nearly finished one, far better than that shaving cream that is no longer available that everyone used to go on about, I can't remember the name & there is no sign of it ever existing on the internet, it came in a white tube, with I think, blue writing.
*Edit* Just remembered the name seconds after posting! "Ingram's Shaving Cream" Yes, found that watery & useless, the Palmolive is thicker & much better.

I see price 3 years ago. Well, £1.50 in my local high street shop. I tried it a few years ago and didn't think much of it. However, tried it a few weeks ago, and liked, wow! Superb in every way. Almost as if its a completely new cream. I see it's made in Italy.

It’s really decent shaving cream for the price. Given how a lot of shaving creams have escalated in price recently, I’d definitely get a few tubes at £1.69.
I've just priced the Palmolive, and yes, you have to buy loads to get under £2 each, I'm talking Buy 12 for £21.
Arko tubes have gone the same way. Best bet is Nivea tube @ £1.49 in Home Bargains or B&M Stores. I get mixed up because they are next to each other here, where I live.

Im
I've just priced the Palmolive, and yes, you have to buy loads to get under £2 each, I'm talking Buy 12 for £21.
Arko tubes have gone the same way. Best bet is Nivea tube @ £1.49 in Home Bargains or B&M Stores. I get mixed up because they are next to each other here, where I live.
In Yorkshire there's a home type shop, Boys. £1.50 a tube.

Back
Top Bottom