P&B V60 new seasonal soap

:D

Now you mention it....:rolleyes:.... I guess it's appropriate for the current season, right? I mean... is it "light" (summery)?
I think it'll be an any-season type scent in that it's smooth and not at all heavy. I find the profile quite grounding; like most of our scents, it's not powerful in scent strength and, perhaps it's the foody / gourmand edge to it, there's something reassuring in the profile.

The description of the scent sounds just great, if it just were vegan...
Ah, I promise you, we are doing our best to get our vegan to market. We're so slammed with work right now and as it's just the two of us (most of the time), plus the day job, plus the nippers, we can physically achieve only so much in any given day, week, month - we will get the vegans out and they'll be in our smaller 60g format.

I thought I'd leave these kind words here; they were placed on instagram earlier today by @erickradi and of V60 he says this: "Soap is a guarantee .... Fantastic and very protective, the scent is extraordinary, it reminds me of freshly ground coffee beans, immediately after chocolates and vanilla ..... I love it. Thank you for what you do for wet shaving".

What a lovely man :)

As always, thanks for your support and encouragement.

Kerry.

Ah, I promise you, we are doing our best to get our vegan to market. We're so slammed with work right now and as it's just the two of us (most of the time), plus the day job, plus the nippers, we can physically achieve only so much in any given day, week, month - we will get the vegans out and they'll be in our smaller 60g format.

I am really looking forward to that. I heard only good things about your regular soaps, so I am getting really curious.

Second daughter well received - hurrah! - and I got my first shave since Wednesday yesterday, giving both V60 and the Yaqi Moka brush their first uses in a splendid coffee themed shave. Absolutely smashing scent, with more notes and complexity appearing with lather vs sniffed from the tub. Notes listed by Kerry are coffee, cocoa, vanilla, benzoin and tobacco. I don't think I identified the latter, but the rest I did and as a whole it is indeed a superb gourmand, in a more literal sense than usually in an olfactory context. If you love coffee, like I do, this will surely hit the mark! (I followed up with a few drops of SV Cosmo balm — though I didn't need it — which shares a few notes with V60. And, if I hadn't had a baby at home, I'd have gone for a spray of Mark Birley's Charles Street to top it all.)

@Rohleder The brush. Mine does not have much of a glue bump, and it doesn't feel like there's a cone in the middle. Maybe 6-7mm. Curious how these knots are so different. Performed great and felt great, if perhaps in an ideal word could have been backboned up a notch, though Inappreciated its splay-willingness relative to eg the Tuxedo.

@Rohleder The brush. Mine does not have much of a glue bump, and it doesn't feel like there's a cone in the middle. Maybe 6-7mm. Curious how these knots are so different. Performed great and felt great, if perhaps in an ideal word could have been backboned up a notch, though Inappreciated its splay-willingness relative to eg the Tuxedo.

I think I received the only dud on the production line :D S'ok though, Yaqi sorted the issue after a small delay, I've been offered a very large % off my next order... Only problem is, I'm not sure if I want another Yaqi now?

Second daughter well received - hurrah! - and I got my first shave since Wednesday yesterday, giving both V60 and the Yaqi Moka brush their first uses in a splendid coffee themed shave. Absolutely smashing scent, with more notes and complexity appearing with lather vs sniffed from the tub. Notes listed by Kerry are coffee, cocoa, vanilla, benzoin and tobacco. I don't think I identified the latter, but the rest I did and as a whole it is indeed a superb gourmand, in a more literal sense than usually in an olfactory context. If you love coffee, like I do, this will surely hit the mark! (I followed up with a few drops of SV Cosmo balm — though I didn't need it — which shares a few notes with V60. And, if I hadn't had a baby at home, I'd have gone for a spray of Mark Birley's Charles Street to top it all.)

First of all, big congrats on the new lady!!!

And thanks for the shaving report...

A hearty congratulations @halvor. Like you Sarah and I also have two daughters. Sanna Phoenix and Isla Beau :)

Thanks for the review, too.

Best regards,

Kerry.

Back
Top Bottom