OSP Soap

OSP

Ladies and Gentlemen,
I would like to announce my 5 new scents of shaving soap are now available for pre-order!
This will be until midnight on Sunday 14th February, with all orders being posted on Monday 15th.
Scents include Orange & Patchouli, Peppermint & Rosemary, Lemon & Cedarwood, Barbershop and Fougere.
All soaps come in the usual white tubs containing 140g of soap.
Price is £9.50 per tub plus postage, but please note that after the pre- order period, all soaps will be subject to a price increase to £12 due to increased ingredient costs and new quality control procedures.
Don't forget that you can also order the rest of my range at the same time.
Head on over to ospsoap.com to place your order!
All the best,
James Riley
The Obsessive Soap Perfectionist

James will you be doing sample sizes at all?

I have two of your great soaps at the moment, but would like to try the other two as well as the new five you are bringing out.
However I cannot justify buying another 7 soaps to try and find my favourite when I already have enough gear to shave a zoo.

James will you be doing sample sizes at all?

I have two of your great soaps at the moment, but would like to try the other two as well as the new five you are bringing out.
However I cannot justify buying another 7 soaps to try and find my favourite when I already have enough gear to shave a zoo.
Hi Scowley.

Thanks for the question.

Sorry, but right now there is not much I can do regarding samples. By the time I had put the labour in to make them, package and label them, you may as well buy a whole tub and if you don't like it, sell on a BST.

If the situation improves, I will be more than happy to do this.

Thanks again

Hi James I appreciate your response and of course the hard work you put into creating your product.

I wasn't think too much about a nicely packaged and labeled sample, more the chance to try the remaining 7 soaps without buying 7 x 160g at £70 plus postage. The other option suggested would be to buy one, list it on BST, then replace it when sold.

I was thinking more along the lines of 20g of each say, bagged in one container or even envelope that I could decant into storage of my choice when I receive them.

This shouldn't create any more work for you as you would have already made the soaps and wouldn't need to create fancy labels. Also no additional packaging would be required and 7x20g of soap is less product than 1x160g.

If you price the sampler around the same as one tub, hell even a couple of quid more, I personally think you would garner a lot of interest. I for one would partake that's for sure. Maybe even buy a set for my mate who has recently been converted to DE.

This would allow people to find their favourite from your range and buy a full tub later.

Of course, this is just my ramblings although based on my personal experience with Wickhams. At the end of the day it's your train set and you can do what ever you want with it my friend. It's a great product and I'm sure it will sell either way.

- Just checked the tubs and they are 140g, but I'm sure you understand my premise -

Last edited:
Hi James I appreciate your response and of course the hard work you put into creating your product.

I wasn't think too much about a nicely packaged and labeled sample, more the chance to try the remaining 7 soaps without buying 7 x 160g at £70 plus postage. The other option suggested would be to buy one, list it on BST, then replace it when sold.

I was thinking more along the lines of 20g of each say, bagged in one container or even envelope that I could decant into storage of my choice when I receive them.

This shouldn't create any more work for you as you would have already made the soaps and wouldn't need to create fancy labels. Also no additional packaging would be required and 7x20g of soap is less product than 1x160g.

If you price the sampler around the same as one tub, hell even a couple of quid more, I personally think you would garner a lot of interest. I for one would partake that's for sure. Maybe even buy a set for my mate who has recently been converted to DE.

This would allow people to find their favourite from your range and buy a full tub later.

Of course, this is just my ramblings although based on my personal experience with Wickhams. At the end of the day it's your train set and you can do what ever you want with it my friend. It's a great product and I'm sure it will sell either way.

- Just checked the tubs and they are 140g, but I'm sure you understand my premise -
I understand. That is actually quite a good idea.

The issue I have is accurate weighing, bagging, and labelling of both the tub and individual soap samples. After all, you will need to be able to tell which of the soaps is which when inside the pot!

That is an idea that I'll have to think about though.

Just thinking aloud but how about a biscuit cutter to cut the soap to a set size rather than weighing?

Leading on from that how about transporting, storing and labeling them until usage in a chocolate box configuration?

I know soap commander does samples in that shape, I'm just thinking of a natural progression.

I've put some pictures in to give an idea.

Of course a plain box would allow you to put your own branding if you so choose etc.

http://soapcommander.com/products/shaving-soap-samples

Thanks for the ideas, but everything is set up to do soaps a certain size. Unfortunately it's not just a case of cutting some soap off. I wish it were that easy!

By law I have to weigh each individual soap, samples included.

Clearly it is worth my time making these, but I need to take a step back and think it through properly, as it needs to be done right.

Please bare with me.

The orders have been piling in ladies and gents! Thanks to all my customers, both new and old.
I am making the soap for these orders as we speak.
Don't forget the prices for soap will be rising to £12 (Excluding delivery) on 15th February so make sure you pre - order your soap by then to avoid disappointment!
Don't forget that I am still raising money for The Stroke Association, and 50p profit from every soap I sell goes to this charity! This is matched by Royal Mail so it is actually £1 raised per soap I sell!
Thanks again.
James
OSP

Sorry if this is a silly question; is there a way of describing the Barbershop scent? Never bought one before. For some reason I'm thinking its a tobacco / traditional soap scent if that makes sense. Never had the privilege to go to a traditional barbershop.

Back
Top Bottom