Opinions on Red Personna Blades

Boab

Administrator
Staff Member
LeJog 2022 Finisher
Whats the general consensus on these blades?
My first try with them seemed pretty nice, second shave was ok by the third I could hardly get through my stubble and afterwards I was left with quite a few stubble patches.I have 4 left so will stick with them until I am done but so far I am unimpressed with the longevity, one and a half decent shaves! might have been a dodgy blade.

That was in my rocket, might try them in the Aristocrat and see how they hold up.

They are nice and smooth but not the sharpest or very long lived. Great for a beginner but there are a lot of better blades out there.

Pete

I find them comparable to the other Israeli blades: Crystals, Shaving Shack, etc.

Much milder than a Feather, sharper than Derbys.

I use them on days when I have to shave every other day or so to go easy on my face.

I use Feathers when I shave every 3-4 days. I find Feathers too much for every day use, but then I do go for BBS every single time.

I recently tried Iridium Supers and they seem to be placed in between Israelis and Feathers. I'm going to keep trying them and may order some more.

My favourite blades to date were Swedish Gillettes, but alas, they are no longer made! :evil:

John

I had one pack of RED IP's in my first sampler pack and I sued them all. It has been so long since I used one that I could not give it a fair assessment now. From memory they were OK, quite middle of the road but relatively cheap which makes them more popular.

Audiolab said:
I had one pack of RED IP's in my first sampler pack and I sued them all. It has been so long since I used one that I could not give it a fair assessment now. From memory they were OK, quite middle of the road but relatively cheap which makes them more popular.

They must have been bad :lol:

They last 2 shaves tops for me, I find them smoother that the Crystal IP but not as sharp. For me sharper the better. I put them 3rd in the list behind feather, Crystal IP, and above derby.

BTW only used the redpacks in a merkur hd could not comment about any of the gillettes, only used feather in them so far. Maybe time for a field trip to the land of gillette for the old red pack. :shave

I am a big fan of any of the made in Israel blades.The Red IPs are smooth and sharp.The Ips are smooth and sharp and the ones like Tesco are smooth and sharp...what else can you ask for?oh yeah,theyre cheap!so makes them perfect :D

I found them a bit 'middle of the road' - not bad though. Much prefer Gillete 7 o'clock (yellow pack) or Iridiums though (case of having to since I bought 250 from Paul!) :)

I was surprised when I first read this. They're my regular blade in my regular razor (Merkur HD) and are generally lasting me 4x 3 pass shaves with no problem. However, this week I've dug out my Super Speed and they've really only lasted 1 shave. Today was the 2nd time and it was rubbish so I tossed it. As other members have said, it might be down to the razor.

jl. said:
I was surprised when I first read this. They're my regular blade in my regular razor (Merkur HD) and are generally lasting me 4x 3 pass shaves with no problem. However, this week I've dug out my Super Speed and they've really only lasted 1 shave. Today was the 2nd time and it was rubbish so I tossed it. As other members have said, it might be down to the razor.
I was trying out some Treet blades which were crap in my Merkur HD. Tried the same blades in a Gillette aluminium tech and they were great. And that m'lud is the case for defence to explain why I need several razors ;)

Gave a Red Personna a try this morning with my EJ Chatsworth Lined and Irisch Moos. Very nice indeed. Sharp, not as sharp as Feather or a Swede, but smooth. Just a nice smooth shave, and close enough without any irritation. The Irisch Moos has lots to do with it.

Mr Rat

Back
Top Bottom