One Pass Wonder

I read quite often about shaves involving 3-4 passes.
One pass, WTG leaves me with a DFS (GameChanger .64, Tiger Platinum Blades)

For anyone doing multiple passes, how much extra is removed on each subsequent pass and is the effort worth it?

I will do three passes plus a clean up and get a 99% BBS finish so I do think the extra effort is worth it for me.
I don't think a one pass shave will be as comfortable or remove as much stubble as I do with 3and a clean up.
Alot of people can't shave atg anyway and it would cause pain and skin problems.
If it works for you l, then that's great and I wish you well with your one pass shaves. :) P.

Last edited:
I will do three passes plus a clean up and get a 99% BBS finish so I do think the extra effort worth it for me.
I don't think a one pass shave will be as comfortable or remove as much stubble as I do with 3and a clean up.
Alot of people can't shave atg anyway and it would cause pain and skin problems.
If it works for you l, then that's great and I wish you well with your one pass shaves. :) P.

That's pretty much what I do and I get really smooth and comfortable results.

However if the OP can do a 1 pass shave then that's great. I've noticed when I do additional passes a fair amount of stubble is removed.

The least number of passes I've done and got ok results is 1 pass with clean up around the jaw.

When I shave before work, I do a one pass (clean shave). I use a Merkur 37 slant.
When I go out at night, I do a multi pass shave. The difference is, on a multi pass shave, you can rub your face
and not feel a hair. When I do a single pass work shave, I can still feel whiskers.
You just can't see it. But when I'm at work, nobody is rubbing my face, at least at this job, so far!

I do a WTG pass and sometimes an ATG pass just along my face, but even then I can get slight irritation with the latter. I find a WTG and then a XTG pass works best for my remarkably handsome face. ;) That doesn't include my chin and around the mouth area that requires touch ups.

Regardless, there will be more hair to shave tomorrow.

I would not get away with one pass and it would feel as though i hadn't shaved at all. For me to get a dfs it's 3 passes wtg , xtg, atg and occasionally a little buffing on jawline. I have done wtg, and xtg east to west and then xtg west to east and had an ok outcome. Everyone is different in their methods and if one pass works for you that's great. Pleasant shaves Nick

Back
Top Bottom