One-off payment photo editing software

I'm looking for a good photo editing software that isn't cloud-based and doesn't require a monthly subscription. In other words, one payment and I get the whole thing on my PC and/or mac.
Any recommendations?

Thanks for the great suggestions guys...I've downloaded Gimp and Rawtherapee...the interfaces look a little daunting but I'll get to understand some of the basics pretty quickly.(y)

Affinty Photo user here and if anyone is looking for a Serif discount, access the Photography Show offer for any of the Affinity desktop apps or the official Workbooks for £25 each until Sunday (27/09), just go to https://store.serif.com/checkout?code=Photo-Show-2020-VPS and remove the items they don't want.

For £25 Affinty is a bargain (y)
I just took your advice...that link is excellent...£25 for Affinity is far less than I was expecting to pay for a good photo editor package. Yesterday I had none and today I have 3:D:D:D. Thanks for the tip wooky(y)

I just took your advice...that link is excellent...£25 for Affinity is far less than I was expecting to pay for a good photo editor package. Yesterday I had none and today I have 3:D:D:D. Thanks for the tip wooky(y)
I think you will find Affinity excellent, and at that price it's less than I paid for the very first release. All my photographs are RAW, or RAW+JPEG, and the RAW facilities in Affinity are very good, and I can work directly with RAW files before developing them and then saving them in the Affinity .afphoto format for further editing, and subsequent conversion to JPG, PNG or any one of the other 10 formats offered. Another newer and useful thing in Affinity is a reasonably wide-ranging set of lens profiles.

I have previously used Lightroom and Photoshop, and have tried some others like ON1, but, like yourself, I wanted something non-subscription, non-cloud/online and reasonably priced, but powerful, and fortunately Affinity launched at the time I intended to make the change. Anyway, have fun with your choices.

Back
Top Bottom