OLD TYPE MALARKY

Finally got a refund on this ebay Old Type...the daft bat was selling her dead husband's old stock and was adamant that this razor was fine. "But why would you want to use a 100 year old razor?" "Isn't it full of germs and stuff?" "It's for collector's not for using"
I couldn't be bothered and complained. You really can't pick this sort of thing up from a picture but if you find and old three piece it's worth checking the thread very very carefully, visually it didn't look that worn but as you can see it really is.

I used an original blade for dramatic effect but you get the idea.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4vUNb9UYMY[/youtube]

If you are still looking for that type of razor I have a no-name copy (possibly Hoffritz) in a case with two blade holders full of very old 7 o'clock blades that I don't use.

The Razor is identical to a Gillette single ring.

Thanks for the offer Joe, I think I am now only going to purchase razors that take modern blades precisely.

Stick it on the B/S/T lets have a look anyway.

antdad said:
Finally got a refund on this ebay Old Type...the daft bat was selling her dead husband's old stock and was adamant that this razor was fine. "But why would you want to use a 100 year old razor?" "Isn't it full of germs and stuff?" "It's for collector's not for using"
I couldn't be bothered and complained. You really can't pick this sort of thing up from a picture but if you find and old three piece it's worth checking the thread very very carefully, visually it didn't look that worn but as you can see it really is.

I used an original blade for dramatic effect but you get the idea.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4vUNb9UYMY[/youtube]

i Got three razors from her, two were crap the Aristocrat i got from her was shocking, (amazing what you can do with a poor quality photo and clever positioning) i am having it replated to try and make some good out of a bad situation, the other i cleaned and sold on, the Old Type i got from her looked crap but was fine after a clean up.

When she first listed the Razors they were all auctions, i asked if she would do some as BIN but she didn't want to, then two days later i checked again, and most had been changed to BIN and already sold !!!!!!!, nice gold Aristograts, Diplomats, in real nice condition as well !

all bought by one guy......lucky b*****d

Steve :|

Come on Steve you would have hoovered them up given the chance, I was also looking out for the BIN's as well but during our correspondence I never got the impression she was deliberately misleading a bit flaky maybe. An inexperienced seller a bit out of her depth.

antdad said:
Thanks for the offer Joe, I think I am now only going to purchase razors that take modern blades precisely.

Stick it on the B/S/T lets have a look anyway.

It does take 'proper' blades. It is a modern (say 50 years) copy of the Old type.

Will get round to listing the huge box of stuff under the bed in due course.

antdad said:
Come on Steve you would have hoovered them up given the chance,

Bloody right i would have hoovered em up, !!!, then cleaned em up, then posted em up, on here
with a load of these :D :D :D , and possibly a few of these :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I don't think she was misleading really, but she said she had a "collector friend" that was helping her with prices and pictures and stuff, just strange that when the poor condition ones were put on the bay, the pictues were always out of focus, yet the really good ones always seemed to have nice clear pictures ;)

Steve

sunburyboy93 said:
I don't think she was misleading really, but she said she had a "collector friend" that was helping her with prices and pictures and stuff,

Steve

Some friend, letting that Aristo #22 go for about a tenner. :shock:

Back
Top Bottom