Old Spice Shaving Cream ?

Blademonkey

Supporter
Supporter
The current modern stuff made in India, is it good stuff ? And is the scent like the original old spice ? as quite fancy an old spice scented shave
It's not an perfect match but it's not bad and cheap enough to give it a go.
The Indian aftershave splash is also not quite the same but not bad none the less.
Stirling soap do a spice soap and splash that is reminiscent of Old Spice also. P.

The last bottle of OS AS I bought was made in India by Rubicon circa 2012 and it smelled exactly like vintage. However, there have been changes in India I read and I fear the formula has since been reformulated. I had a tube of their shave cream from then as well and it smelled/worked great. I don't like the current P&G OS AS as it has been reformulated and smells sweeter w/o the deep rich spiciness of the past. :(

For a shave soap that smells like the original go here:

The last bottle of OS AS I bought was made in India by Rubicon circa 2012 and it smelled exactly like vintage. However, there have been changes in India I read and I fear the formula has since been reformulated. I had a tube of their shave cream from then as well and it smelled/worked great. I don't like the current P&G OS AS as it has been reformulated and smells sweeter w/o the deep rich spiciness of the past. :(

For a shave soap that smells like the original go here:

It almost begs belief P&G haven't reformulated Old Spice to be like the original, well unless the new formulation is actually more popular than the original version.

I imagine if they did reformulate it to be like the old Shulton version then there'd be fewer seeking alternatives.

It almost begs belief P&G haven't reformulated Old Spice to be like the original, well unless the new formulation is actually more popular than the original version. ..
They are going to make it as cheap as they can, plus some of the original ingredients are now verboten for the Euroweenie laws I'd wager.

The current modern stuff made in India, is it good stuff ? And is the scent like the original old spice ? as quite fancy an old spice scented shave
Not impressed with it, from a purchase a couple of years ago.
Lather no better or worse than Palmolive cream, but the smell was really unpleasant...seemed an off dairy product covered up with a synthetic sweetness. A bit like shaving with a kids yoghurt!
Not nice.

To be honest they are not very good, I have other Shaving creams from India and apart from Old Spice and Dettol I am happy with them. Old Spice creams are a bigger disappointment because as well as the performance is not good the scent is not like an Old Spice.

Top Bottom