Oh the Noise

Hi Guys,
Had my first shave today with my Every Ready 1912. The thing that struck me most was the noise it made as cut my stubble. Not heard anything like it with from my DE with any blade I've used.

What a fantastic sound! I am not going to try to describe the noise of the blade slicing cleanly through my stubble, but my god it was brilliant. I can wait to shave tomorrow just so that I can hear it again.

As for the shave itself. Took it easy, nice and slow and managed a good clean shave with just one nick. Compared to my first DE shave I would say a little bit closer, but also a bit more comfortable.

Just a quick note as to why I tried the SE razor. A very poor reason I know, but I saw one on the Bay, it was quite cheap , and I thought it looked absolutely marvellous. Now its here I think it looks even better.

Oh dear, 6 happy months with the same razor, tried another one and now I'm curious........RAD onset me thinks!

I agree fully with you on the noise the SE blade makes in a 1912, a great indicator you are cutting at the right angle as well. I thought the 1912 could not be beaten but if a bit of RAD is setting in try an O/C Gem Micromatic. :angel::angel:
Pete

ps Welcome to the SE Club

I look forward to removing a weekend's stubble with the 1912 for the sound and the feeling of it slicing down the thicker stubble.

DEs seem a bit, well, wussy by comparison.

BTW, my favorit Micromatic is the Clog Pruf. For me, it's just the right level of aggressiveness and easier to use ATG.

Todays review/shave is the 1938 Bull's Eye Gem Micromatic. This is the first Gem SE that I used that had an entirely different feel to it. It felt heavier, the balance was different. While the head seemed the same, except for the BULL'S EYE in the middle of the head! The handle was different. Heavier, longer feeling, the opener knob on the bottom was the elongated 'bud' looking thing. The feeling was more balanced more European.
The shave. Used a Gem SE. Preshave just very warm water. Shaving cream was 'King of Shaves Cream' reg. Razor the '38 Bull's Eye Gem.
It was a different shave from the 1912's Junior and earlier style Micro's. Started with WTG , then ATG, then XTG. needed a few mire passes than the others to get a really close shave . More Gillette SS in nature. Likable, but different.
If you needed one Gem. For looks(go with the Gold) and a 'modern' feel I'd go with the Bull's Eye.

Back
Top Bottom