Occam's ENOCH

Any thoughts on Occam's new ENOCH razor looks a nice tool but time will tell I suppose. Anybody jumped in both feet I'm very tempted.

I was looking at it yesterday on the Classic Shavings website. I initially thought I'd give it a go for £60 but by the time you add on P&P (~£20) along with VAT and import duty (~£20), it's an unknown £100 razor and my interest waned. If they were available in the UK at £60, I'd be keen to buy one.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

I was looking at it yesterday on the Classic Shavings website. I initially thought I'd give it a go for £60 but by the time you add on P&P (~£20) along with VAT and import duty (~£20), it's an unknown £100 razor and my interest waned. If they were available in the UK at £60, I'd be keen to buy one.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk
My thoughts exactly and knowing there's a few new razors on the horizon I think I'll keep my cool, my money in my pocket and my head on my shoulders because my wife will never know lol

When I first saw the razor the first thing that went through my mind was , "that head looks like a Cobra head " , when you read the sales spiel they openly admit that there has been a sharing of design ideas between Occams and Classic Shavings SE (i.e. Cobra) line up .
Potentially I have hopes that it shaves similar to a Cobra .

The Occams - Enoch is one of 4 SE Razors produced for Classic Shaving. The others are the The Occams V1 and Occams Nano and Occams -Hiram Commander . The Enoch is a 3 piece Razor, whereas the others use an interchangeable plate system which allows the aggression of the Razor to be varied.

The Enoch is a quite neat Razor, and loading a blade is done by loosening the head, so that the blade can be inserted onto the blade retaining pegs. A bit fiddly as the pegs could be more pronounced , but one gets used to it.

I find that Enoch feels good in the hand and easy to manoeuvre , but it took me quite some time to get the cutting angle right. I have a quite a tough "Need To Shave Daily" beard and can get a reasonable Shave with most blades. I have recently discovered that the Kai Mild-Pink blade works best for me. Reckon that those with lighter beards will easily get a good two pass Shave with the Enoch, and its lighter weight of around 80g may appeal to some. Currently on sale at $99 but Postage/ Customs ramps up the price for us in UK, got mine by selling off my King Cobra !! which proved to be a good move as The Enoch delivers a more consistent quality Shave.

IMG_0424.jpg

Wed 1st July.

Now have had 3 consecutive Shaves in The Enoch with a Kai Captain Titan Mild Pink on board, now the Shaves are consistently excellent. Just goes to show that you really do need to try different blades in a Razor to determine which works best for you.

IMG_0842.jpg

I really couldn't love the Enoch at first, with its fiddly loading and aggressive stance but once I found a blade which suited my original thoughts quickly changed. Feed it a mild blade and everything clicks in to focus. I feel I can live with its quirky loading and you just have to make sure everything is tight and 'home' with the blade.

Get that far though and one super little razor which is capable of very fine shaves indeed. Incredibly manoeuvrable and very accurate. Just treat with respect and don't rush.

Back
Top Bottom