Now more than ever

Gents, in this most scurrilous of times, let me ask this : the world looks to you, what shall you do?
With the corona virus running rampant, the English people once again are looked to for an example for us all.
As a young lad, who had the great fortune to visit your glorious country, I made a decision to always serve the crown.
I expect the same from my sons. Just like the Second World War, the world looks to you.
I can understand the skeptical attitude of the people on this site, who read this, and roll their eyes at the opinions of an American.
But as an Iranian, we created civilization, and as Europeans the mantle of civilization rests with you.
The Anglo people, and only the Anglo, people now bear the burden of maintaining civilization.
True, what the U.S allowed to happen to the people of your country after the war was indecent, it was a stain on our national honour.
But now, the world needs you more than ever. With hoarding, and the uncertainty of the near future, decency and civility are at a premium.
The greatness of the British people, and their righteous might, should be an example for us all.
Remember, there shall always be an England. God Save The Queen.

All very rousing and patriotic but, I'm somewhat confused here. Is Britain just comprising of England or is England the whole of Britain and Wales/Scotland aren't a part of Britain. Is England the only one of the 3 nations doing their part. What's the message here. Perhaps my fellow English shavers can bear the burden and provide an answer?

Just waffling on by the way. It's no issue really....

Much of the media attention has been on the acts of selfish individuals and an overall negative message on the state of British society. It's easy to be consumed by this but most of what I've personally witnessed is a renewed spirit of togetherness. As an example, my world was shook yesterday by a selfish individual but my neighbours (the entire street) have been fantastically supportive. There's selfish people and idiotic people. Both of these groups have been part of British society since its inception but I believe there's still more good people than bad.

What about us Celts?

We shall demonstrate the commendable kindness and charity for which we are correctly renowned and accept the implied compliment with grace.
Well, except for our recent Scottish Medical Officer who has now plenty of time to ignore her own endless advice to support the NHS and self isolate rather than following her example and twice making round trips of around 90 miles to visit the second home.

JohnnyO. o/.

...True, what the U.S allowed to happen to the people of your country after the war was indecent, it was a stain on our national honour...

Your ignorance of historical fact is astounding. The British chose Attlee and the path he represented. They are still paying for that fateful choice:

...Britain actually received more than a third more Marshall Aid than West Germany - $2.7 billion as against $1.7 billion. She in fact pocketed the largest share of any European nation. The truth is that the post-war Labour Government, advised by its resident economic pundits, freely chose not to make industrial modernisation the central theme in her use of Marshall Aid.

We shall demonstrate the commendable kindness and charity for which we are correctly renowned and accept the implied compliment with grace.
Well, except for our recent Scottish Medical Officer who has now plenty of time to ignore her own endless advice to support the NHS and self isolate rather than following her example and twice making round trips of around 90 miles to visit the second home.

JohnnyO. o/.

And Charlie, who unselfishly tried to share it out in scotland. That seems to have been brushed under the carpet

Back
Top Bottom