No Shaving Purchases 2021 and other suggestions for the year

This is thread is kind of thinking aloud of sorts, but with the upcoming year would anyone be interested in participating in a thread where the criteria could be established later on but to not make any purchases for the calendar year of 2021?

Along the lines of themed months eg OCtober (Open Comb October), TabacTober, Arko August etc, would anyone be up for participating in a themed month? If so, do you have any suggestions? Another theme I have seen before, was using one soap for the month of February, I was thinking this could be extended a little by using various scents of the same base/maker for the entire month, eg any soap made by OSP, Signature Soaps etc.

If these sound like terrible ideas or good ones, I'd be interested in your thoughts.

I've been thinking of doing a buying sabbatical for 2021. I have so much stuff and I really dont need to buy anymore, and I think some buying restraint is needed.

Likewise. I had a look into the cupboard I store my shaving items, and it's grown from hobby into hoarder! Even if I didn't buy anything for a few years I'd barely make a dent, and even though I have found the items I use more than others, I still seem to continue to buy things. A year of restraint could be a good thing!

Likewise. I had a look into the cupboard I store my shaving items, and it's grown from hobby into hoarder! Even if I didn't buy anything for a few years I'd barely make a dent, and even though I have found the items I use more than others, I still seem to continue to buy things. A year of restraint could be a good thing!

And I agree.

If I didn't have a Rocnel mag on the pre order list I could live with a nada year

And I agree.

If I didn't have a Rocnel mag on the pre order list I could live with a nada year

I had a look at the B&B thread for the sabbatical and they had some conditions for it, and I think something like a pre order would be permissable, as would mail order purchases made before this year finishes that would presumably arrived in 2021.

I was debating a sabbatical but my wife raised a good point - why am I punishing myself over something that I enjoy and is harmless? I'm going to follow the example of @Dcshaves and limit myself to one soap a month. I'm also intending to buy the new Lupo 72 and hopefully @slapo 's Lupo when he (hopefully) decides it's not for him ;)

I'm up for some themed months - no way am I doing Tabac for a month though!!

I was debating a sabbatical but my wife raised a good point - why am I punishing myself over something that I enjoy and is harmless? I'm going to follow the example of @Dcshaves and limit myself to one soap a month. I'm also intending to buy the new Lupo 72 and hopefully @slapo 's Lupo when he (hopefully) decides it's not for him ;)

I'm up for some themed months - no way am I doing Tabac for a month though!!

A great point Chris, there's no point quitting something which brings you pleasure if it is harmless.

I signed up to the Tabac month on B&B, and used it for 20 days in a row and that pushed me over the edge; ended up stopping shaving and now I have a beard!

Japanese girly January
Japanese girly June
Japanese girly July
A little more Japanese girly August
Oh! Not more Japanese girls October

NO NOvember - A whole month of no shaving and the SOTD complemented by a WIMHSWT thread. 'What I Might Have Shaved With Today' where we can all just make it up

On a more honest level a whole month of citrus fragrances (a little more broad based) or a month of soaps followed by a month of creams.

A single product month might have one having to go out and purchase an item, which kind of defeats the zero 2021.

Just throwing a few ideas around

Back
Top Bottom