Next blades to try and which of the Gillette's?

So with this whole pandemic the only advantage for me had been some more time to de shave and I ordered the following de blades a few months back, I've been working my way through and here are my findings so far:
  • Gillette - Sputnik - fantastic, my previous favorite
  • Gillette - Nacet Stainless - Very close, no irritation
  • Shark - Platinum - very smooth - impressed as was not expecting to be that great
  • Voskhod - Teflon Coated - didn't seem that sharp but very smooth
  • Shark - Super Stainless - OK but not a patch on the shark platinum
  • Gillette - Winner - not impressed, scratchy and lost sharpness v. quickly
  • Tatra Platinum - first one was fantastic, second not quite so good
  • Gillette - 7 0'Clock - SharpEdge - excellent
  • Rapira - Platinum Lux - lasted well and nice enough
  • Gillette - 7 0'Clock - Super Stainless (green) - irritated my skin
It's been really interesting trying out so many blades over the past months. I've kept the same razor (EJ DE89) and proraso green until this week when I switched to Cella Bio (both excellent).

I've got two questions:
1 - What would be some good blades to try next before I commit to buying a 100 of a couple?
2 - Gillettes - I seem to be having mixed experience with the Gillette blades, however the yellow's are probably the best I've used so far but the greens easily the worst. Given how many Gillette's blades on offer just wondering if anyone has advice on what to try next?

Thanks!

So with this whole pandemic the only advantage for me had been some more time to de shave and I ordered the following de blades a few months back, I've been working my way through and here are my findings so far:
  • Shark - Platinum - very smooth - impressed as was not expecting to be that great
It's been really interesting trying out so many blades over the past months. I've kept the same razor (EJ DE89) and proraso green until this week when I switched to Cella Bio (both excellent).

I've got two questions:
1 - What would be some good blades to try next before I commit to buying a 100 of a couple?
2 - Gillettes - I seem to be having mixed experience with the Gillette blades, however the yellow's are probably the best I've used so far but the greens easily the worst. Given how many Gillette's blades on offer just wondering if anyone has advice on what to try next?

Thanks!
Gillette Silver Blues, Gillette Platinum, Perma-Sharps, BIC, Gillette 7 O'clock Super Platinum

Blades are very personal so my opinion isn't worth much but I'd recommend trying those I've listed

I've got two questions:

Thanks!
Try Gillette Rubies, very good blades and also Nacet's, good blades for not a lot of money! :) P.

Edit : scrub the Nacets, I see you've tried them already! :) P.

I'd say head to RazorBladesClub (a place where you can buy blades individually) and get a few different types of blades.

Blades are very subjective and what works for one person's face/razor/growth will vary.

In addition to the ones mentioned here I'd recommend trying some Personna Lab Blues.

I like your rundown and summary of the blades you have used so far. It's also good that you are sticking to the same razor and soap as much as you can. That way, as you probably know, there is only one thing changing in your shave, so you know for sure how the performance of each blade is. I've been using standard Wilkinson blades I can purchase at my local shop. If you can find some locally, try those, at least you know what they will be like if you get desperate and run out.

I like to look at where the blades are produced and try different countries. So far you've tried a lot of Russian (the Gillettes, Rapira, Voshkod), Egypt (Shark) and I think Tatra is Czech.

Maybe try BIC Chrome Platinum (Greece), Super-Max Platinum (India), Treet Platinum (Pakistan) and of course Feather (Japan).

I'd echo the above ... Treet.

Treet Platinum is much akin to Rapira Platinum Lux to my face and I definitely prefer the Treet. Their DuraSharp is a carbon blade, but edges coated to function like stainless - very smooth and last well. Look at their 7 Days Platinum as well < this is very much like a Russian blade in terms of feel and does indeed last 7 Days, probably more for some folks as I tend to ditch after 3 or 4 shaves.

I'd say looking at what you've tried, I'd go for a pack of Treet 7 Days Platinum and perhaps a pack of Turkish market PermaSharp Super (a Gillette blade).

I tried a pack of Treet Trig when i first started shaving and they seemed OK, but didn't seem stand-out in any way - as i recall, i ranked them alongside the supermarket branded Israeli Personas that i tried at the same time - a perfectly decent shave, but not outstandingly sharp nor outstanding smooth.

Can't find a link I had to a detailed study of different blades. Bic chrome platinum were the sharpest, on average, over the course of several shaves. Even sharper than Feathers. After the first shave, they also seemed to have very consistent sharpness. Many blades seemed to have quite a lot of variation.

The consistency appealed to me while I'm learning to shave with a safety razor. Can't really give a meaningful review since so far I have nothing to compare them to.

Back
Top Bottom