New Proraso colognes...any good?

Hi all...not posted for quite a while now, probably due to a realisation that I was spending far too much cash on too many products! Anyway, over the last few months I have been 'honing' (forgive the pun) my shaving gear down to things I know I like to use, and I have cut back on testing new stuff. Proraso has always been - and still is - my favourite brand across the widest range of products, particularly Proraso Green (pre-shave, shave, splash and balm). BUT...then I noticed their new colognes and I couldn't find a cologne in the 'green' range. So, if anyone out there has tried them, I'm seeking your opinions on:
1. Which of the new colognes is best? (I'm particularly interested in Cypress and Vetiver)
2. Which, if any, of the new colognes might be ok if I've shaved with Proraso Green splash and balm? (I use both) or would you recommend getting the complete range for any one of the specific fragrances?
3. Are the new shaving soaps really much better for DE shaving? (I understand they're supposed to be reformulated for single/DE shaving)
4. Any other views on the new range?
Any feedback or direction to an existing thread will be greatly appreciated!(y):)

I can't comment on the colognes but the pre-shaves of the three new scents: Azur Lime, Wood & Spice and Cypress & Vetiver.

They perform as well as the other proraso pre-shaves and I really like each of the smells. Difficult to pick a favourite as they all have their place depending on what soap is going to be used.

I think you'll like the Cypress & Vetiver one based on the scent from the pre-shave. They're all very different to Proraso Green in terms of scent though so hard to answer that one.

I can't comment on the colognes but the pre-shaves of the three new scents: Azur Lime, Wood & Spice and Cypress & Vetiver.

They perform as well as the other proraso pre-shaves and I really like each of the smells. Difficult to pick a favourite as they all have their place depending on what soap is going to be used.

I think you'll like the Cypress & Vetiver one based on the scent from the pre-shave. They're all very different to Proraso Green in terms of scent though so hard to answer that one.
Thanks, Boycie(y)

you know what...I realised I have the Azur lime cologne and have yet to use it (I bought it last year too...)/
This is what happens when you buy too much stuff
Buying too much stuff became a bit of an obsession for me...I had to go cold turkey and that included avoiding this forum for quite a long time! (Erm...can't say I'm a fan of the ads though:confused:)

Last edited:
Update: Just received the sample pots of Proraso Azure Lime and Cypress and Vetiver shaving creams. I should have paid more attention...these are of course creams, as opposed to the proraso green soaps (or croap) that I prefer. Not a big fan of shaving creams and I don't like lathering in a bowl, so I won't be buying any. They do smell quite nice though!

Update: Just received the sample pots of Proraso Azure Lime and Cypress and Vetiver shaving creams. I should have paid more attention...these are of course creams, as opposed to the proraso green soaps (or croap) that I prefer. Not a big fan of shaving creams and I don't like lathering in a bowl, so I won't be buying any. They do smell quite nice though!
You can face lather merrily with a cream. I use a fish knife to transfer a scoop to the brush.

The Proraso creams and Soaps have the same formulation but the soaps are "left to mature for 10 days" instead of 3 for the cream.
I'm pretty sure you could put the Single Blade creams in an unused tub and let it cure for a week and get a "Proraso Soap".

The Proraso creams and Soaps have the same formulation but the soaps are "left to mature for 10 days" instead of 3 for the cream.
I'm pretty sure you could put the Single Blade creams in an unused tub and let it cure for a week and get a "Proraso Soap".
Maybe the creams will work better with softer brushes such as synths too.

Back
Top Bottom