Need Some Brush Advice

As I haven't been around over the last few years things. Have changed a lot, years ago everybody was using New Forest brushes Simpsons etc etc and nearly all brushes used were Badger, now those are fine brushes but it seems that a lot of people are using Synthetics I. The rotation.

I only seem to remember the Body shop one and maybe a couple other synthetics back then and they didn't get much love.

So what's good in the world of Synthetics ? Or “Synths” ;-)

I like a nice big soft brush not floppy but firm enough face and bowl lather

I'm not rolling in money so nothing made from Yeti Fur and Unobtanium please

Cheers

Steve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As I haven't been around over the last few years things. Have changed a lot, years ago everybody was using New Forest brushes Simpsons etc etc and nearly all brushes used were Badger, now those are fine brushes but it seems that a lot of people are using Synthetics I. The rotation.

I only seem to remember the Body shop one and maybe a couple other synthetics back then and they didn't get much love.

Cheers

Steve

Hi Sunburyboy93

Have you looked at https://connaughtshaving.com/brush.html. Paul has a selection of synthetic brushes here when you click on a manufacturer. You can't go too wrong, but if you need more detail you can contact him for specifics. Same with Anthony at https://shavelounge.co.uk/department/shaving/shaving-brushes/synthetic-fibre/

Hope that helps!

Disclaimer: I have no affiliation with either of these awesome guys.

Maggard, razorock, yaqi you can't go wrong with either. You just need to pick type of knot as there is difference in backbone. I tried most of the knots and don't find much of difference in softness of fibers. Best way is to start with plison style knot in my opinion as it is good all around knot.

Sent from my Mi A2 using Tapatalk

Have a look on eBay for Yaqi brushes. Well made with synthetic fiber knots in your choice of size, under £20 delivered from the UK.
RazoRock are also excellent brushes, again available from UK vendors.
Also Maggard, if you can wait for delivery from the US.

Good luck with your new quest :)

Cheers

Steve

Go for the yaqi on ali express, cheap and top notch performance.

The Razorock synths are very good, but I like the Yaqi brushes even better, not least for their excellent handles. The knots don't feel the same to me as those in top notch badger brushes, but they're just a bit different, not inferior.

In what way do you think they fall short?

No heat retention, dont produce as good a lather, don't retain water, not enough if any scrub, don't lift the hairs, I also head and face shave so need enough lather for 4-5 passes and I can't seem to manage this with synthetic.
One plus is they dry quick.
I haven't tried any of the newer versions.
But I have used simpsons, muhle, plissoft. Just my personal preference.

If you can handle the wait from China, the Yaqi Timberwolf is a lot of brush for the money: ï¿¡12.01 | 26mm Yaqi Timber Wolf Color Synthetic Hair Shaving Brush

The Yaqi 30mm Monster is also a good brush: ï¿¡14.44 | 30MM Monster Barber Pole Color Shaving Brushes

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Thanks chaps much appreciated

Well I have ordered the following to get me started

A Yaqi 22m

2e8f14edd40b15cd83aee91a35925c6b.jpg

2 x Yaqi 24m

7b6e53f27afa6fde0e0ba56a5a770e72.jpg

dfeefd6642f743248702f06cafa8befc.jpg

And a RazoRock 26m

e1ae1c89bddfb76c17ca37648d4167fe.jpg

I only have one synthetic and I seldom use it...just dont like it...I wont buy another although thats probably short sighted of me...there are maybe better ones, but my single brush experience is poor...I have 9 badgers which all perform well for me.

Back
Top Bottom