NATO watch straps ... a spot of advice please.

P1010158 (Small).JPG

If I were to swap the bracelet on one or other of the above, for a nylon NATO style strap, is there an obvious make that is readily available in a UK High Street shop - or, more likely I imagine, on Ebay or Amazon or some other internet site?

I have no posh watches, I don't need a posh watch and the above are fine for my needs ... accurate and easy to tell the time at a quick glance.

Are all NATO straps of the sort whereby the strap is one piece and threads round the back of the watch - or is it just as viable to have loops at the end of each part of the strap through which the pins are located, as per a "normal" leather strap?

As these are cheap Seiko / Pulsar watches I don't particularly want to spend a ridiculous amount on a strap but just need it to be decent and robust enough in construction.

One would be black and, perhaps, fairly obviously, a green one? Nothing too outrageous although I've seen stripey ones which might, possibly look OK?.

Ta.

Attachments

OP
DevonStan
Ta muchly for quick and useful reply ... that was the sort of money I was hoping to pay. I'll look now.

I just remembered I have a third watch, identical to the green one, above, and it has a sort of nylon strap on it - but with a leather insert where the holes are, and this one does fix to the watch with the aforementioned pins. Pictured below in a following post.

It looks like they're all of the "one piece" type. Is it not the done thing to have the loops and the pins to secure it?

The site shows quite a few ... does paying more get you better quality or a better name or richer colours ????

Last edited:
OP
DevonStan
Looks like most are 20mm between the lugs on the above site. Mine's 18mm so would seem to restrict the choice a bit.

And most seem to be one piece straps, not secured with the pins.

What's ZULU and BEAR? trade names?

Here's the strap I mentioned above .... nylon with a leather insert adjacent to the holes. I think it came with a Seiko military style watch .... possibly the black one pictured above. It has loops for the pins to go through to secure it to the watch and isn't a one piece jobbie.

P1010163 (Small).JPG P1010164 (Small).JPG

jimmyc

Supporter
Supporter
If you are going to remove the pins. use a small jewelers flat screwdriver. Or buy a tool for it.
But do it inside a clear plastic bag. so if/when it pings off, it will be in the bag, not lost for ever :D

OP
DevonStan
Spotted your link to the ones you bought. But that particular listing only shows 20mm and above ... as mentioned mine are 18mm.

Yes, point taken re. pins - have had them off lots of times so got the hang of it.

I guess they are all one piece as no mention of the two piece type fixed to the lugs via the pins ?

Top Bottom