Naniwa Super Stone Sale

As well as the single-item discount, there's also a "combi-deal".

Just bought a 1k and 10k for only £61 all-in.
You Wont Regret that Purchase..They Come Almost Flat..But..To Be Sure I Would Suggest to Lap Them Flat With around 320/350 Grit Wet & Dry on a Flat Marble Plate Under Running Water..Just Mark them with a Marker Pen Across the Width of the Stone..When the Marker Lines Disappear they are Flat.. :cool:

Wet n Dry on a Marble Plate is All I Find I Need to Lap these Stones as they are Very Soft & Lap Friendly..These 3rd Generation Super Stones are a Tad Finer than the 1st Generation Super Stones in My Experience..Never Found the Need to Purchase a Lapping Stone/Plate..(y)

Billy

Last edited:
Thanks for the tip. I'll be sure to lap it carefully.

A bevel setter seemed like a good investment. A step up from wet & dry paper and lapping film - although some people do seem to use these successfully. The softer Super Stone is probably all I need for occasional bevel-setting v the faster Naniwa Pro.

I'm hoping a few laps on the 10k once a week or so will maintain an edge for months at a time (plus stropping, of course). Lapping film would work too but, as it wears down, the "bite" is less consistent. On the other hand a stone is less consistently flat as it wears down... well, maybe if you don't lap often enough.

I think the Super Stone 10k is almost as fine as 1u lapping film. With lather and a light touch, maybe all the way to 1u? I prefer a mild edge so this could be as sharp as I ever want to go. If I do need more there's always CrOx and FeOx on balsa.

Thanks for the tip. I'll be sure to lap it carefully.

A bevel setter seemed like a good investment. A step up from wet & dry paper and lapping film - although some people do seem to use these successfully. The softer Super Stone is probably all I need for occasional bevel-setting v the faster Naniwa Pro.

I'm hoping a few laps on the 10k once a week or so will maintain an edge for months at a time (plus stropping, of course). Lapping film would work too but, as it wears down, the "bite" is less consistent. On the other hand a stone is less consistently flat as it wears down... well, maybe if you don't lap often enough.

I think the Super Stone 10k is almost as fine as 1u lapping film. With lather and a light touch, maybe all the way to 1u? I prefer a mild edge so this could be as sharp as I ever want to go. If I do need more there's always CrOx and FeOx on balsa.
1 Micron Lapping Film = 16 K..A 10 K Super Stone is Way Way Below that..Trust Me..Also...Once a Razor has Been Properly Honed...It Will NOT Need to Go Back to a Stone for a Very Long Time..Moreover..Super Stones Perform at their Optimum with Water..Not Lather..But Hey Do What Ya Want.. :cool:

Billy

Back
Top Bottom