Nacet variations (Super, Platinum, etc)?

Never tried either if them. The first link looks like they share similar packaging to the Gillette Super Thins (also from the Far East). They seem a tad overpriced at nearly $1 a blade though.

The send link looks like it could be an error. The text describes the Nacet we know and love from PPI but the photo shows a vintage pack of the English made Nacets. I'd put my money on you receiving a standard pack of PPI Nacets if you bought from that link.

$1 a blade I figured was a Singapore Dollar, but yes still too dear.
They just looked so different, and both lots of blades say 'Platinum'.
Were the old Nacet a Platinum blade?
I thought the current Nacet were just 'Stainless'.

The first blade is made in China and is sold in Malaysia as well as Singapore. I bought a tuck a year or so back for just over £1 in a supermarket, but haven't gotten around to trying them yet.

I believe @Bogeyman knows a bit more about these.

The top blade, the Super Nacet is a Shanghai made blade and I read SeanC's report who posts on ATG mainly he thought the blade was very sharp. It used to be on sale on Ebay.Com but the seller is no longer around, blades can be bought in Asia without too much trouble though.

The one below the picture is of the English made Nacet Platinum from a long time ago but there was also a PPI/Russian made Nacet Platinum. Both blades are fairly thin on the ground for sales though.

The first blade is made in China and is sold in Malaysia as well as Singapore. I bought a tuck a year or so back for just over £1 in a supermarket, but haven't gotten around to trying them yet.

I believe @Bogeyman knows a bit more about these.

The old Nacet Platinum was made in merry ol' England years ago if I recall. Then it was made in Russia later I believe. Regardless, I tried some years ago and IMO the current Nacet Stainless is better. I have some of the Super Nacet as made in Shanghai and they are a good blade, but the Super Thin Stainless (Thai version) is a Helluva blade as is the current Chinese Super Gillette Blue Blade!!

When Russell's letter gets to me with the German Personna blades I will send over some obscure Gillette blades for him to opine on. ;)

The old Nacet Platinum was made in merry ol' England years ago if I recall. Then it was made in Russia later I believe. Regardless, I tried some years ago and IMO the current Nacet Stainless is better. I have some of the Super Nacet as made in Shanghai and they are a good blade, but the Super Thin Stainless (Thai version) is a Helluva blade as is the current Chinese Super Gillette Blue Blade!!

When Russell's letter gets to me with the German Personna blades I will send over some obscure Gillette blades for him to opine on. ;)

There seems to be a lot of adulation for the old West European made blades, and my experiences of NOS blades are fairly limited the only one I have used is the French Nacet, which is a fine blade for sure but considering how easily/cheaply in the UK at least it's possible to buy printed PPI Nacets I'd not really be bothered by not being able to find the NOS counterparts, but conversely I really am bothered I'm not able to get some of the more obscure MIC Gillettes eg London Bridge/Rubie Stainless.

TBH, I'm not sure what my point is.

Back
Top Bottom