My quest for my perfect DE Razor blade.

I have begun my quest to find MY perfect blade.
The list of blades I have are as follows,
  • Gillette Wilkinson Sword
  • Voskhod
  • Gillette 7 O'clock Black
  • Treet Platinum
  • Gillette Platinum
  • Gillette Rubie Plus
  • Gillette Silver Blue
  • BIC Chrome Platinum
  • Gillette 7 O'clock Sharpedge
  • Polsilver super iridium
  • Astra Superior Platinum
  • Sputnik Teflon coated
  • Perma-sharp super
  • Gillette 365
  • Treet Durasharp
  • Gillette 7 O'clock super stainless
  • Gillette Nacet
Has anyone got any best recommended of this list? From what I gather I have got a pretty good variety.
I am most looking forward to trying the Treet blades, Perma-sharp, BIC and the Gillette Nacet and 365 blades.

From your list i'd vote Gillette silver blue, that said i prefer feathers, i find them quite similar and Gillette have had enough cash out of me for one life time :)

Feather
Kai
Made in Germany Wilkinson Sword
Astra SP
Astra SS

There are many other great blades, but those are the ones that are best for me.

Last edited:
After the first week I have used Bic Chrome Platinum, very nice 2 pa's s shave and a cleanup pass each blade lasted about 3 days of daily shaving, Used the permasharp today completely opposite very sharp and aggressive and I git a nick on my chin, I won't be using again. As always the equipment will be the same, apologies my razor is a little dirty.
Fitjar Holme shave cream
Fitjar Havn aftershave balm
Fitjar pre shave stubble softener
Gillette rocket flair tip
Timberwolf shave brush
DSC_0019.JPG

Remember, blade are not "aggressive" per se as Gillette discovered decades ago that humans cannot distinguish.

...He (Meyer J. "Mike" Shnitzler, Vice President & Director of R&D at Gillette from 1933 till 1967 and for 10 years thereafter as a consultant) determined blade sharpness could not readily be detected by the shaver and sharper blades did not alleviate the pain and irritation from poor prep. It turns out that, according to Mr. Shnitzler, the improperly moistened whisker is harder to cut and the hair itself will adhere to the steel, as it is being cut, causing the hair follicle to be pulled with the consequent pain/tugging feeling. A chemical engineer by training at MIT prior to coming to Gillette, Mr Shnitzler's solution to the problem was an organic silicon coating to the steel so that the protein in the hair would not adhere to the steel; yielding a better cutting action with less pulling at the follicle. The Super Blue was born (1959)...

http://www.gilletteadjustable.com/contact-us.html

I highly recommend this valuable source as it answers questions that many have concluded wrongfully then & today about cutting whiskers. Blade coatings & sputtering are everything and sharpness not so much. ;)

Taking all things into consideration, with the perma sharps my lather wasn't ideal and my post shave feel is the smoothest I have had so I will give them another go this week

Remember, blade are not "aggressive" per se as Gillette discovered decades ago that humans cannot distinguish.

http://www.gilletteadjustable.com/contact-us.html

I highly recommend this valuable source as it answers questions that many have concluded wrongfully then & today about cutting whiskers. Blade coatings & sputtering are everything and sharpness not so much. ;)

Well worth reading, thanks for the link

Some brands are burned to the ground. But those brands are for sale in nearly every shaving shop. I think if they were really garbage the shaving shops would not sell them. Just my €0,02
Depending on your skin and beard grow different brands can give different results. I suggest to buy some blades at https://www.razorbladesclub.com You can order from 1 blade of each brand to what ever you want .

Back
Top Bottom