My next brush

I have a Shavemac 102 - 26mm D01. It is too big for me and requires too much soap / cream.
So I would like another good brush. But which one?
I rule out Rooney because it's hard to find Super and Finest quality.
Edwin Jagger are very beautiful but too floppy
Kent idem Edwin Jagger
I still Shavemac and Simpson.
But which?
The brush should not be too small (no wee scott or shavemac 18 mm)
but not too big (No PL8 - 10 or XXL shavemac)
I want a brush that works equally well with soap that with creams.
Which should I buy in your opinion? :?:
The discussion is open
Thanks
Regards

My current favourite (and I iterate current) is a Semogue 1305. It's a lather beast and works very well with both creams and soaps and looks/handles perfectly. Great boar feel.

I can't come to terms with paying a significant amount for a Super-dooper whatever when I can achieve genuinely great performance and satisfaction with a cost effective alternative.

Those Simpsons do look magnificent though and I did stress current favourite...damn it, here we go again!

:lol:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://shaving101.com/index.php/product-reviews/3-brushes/43-simpsons-commodore-x3.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://shaving101.com/index.php/product ... re-x3.html</a><!-- m -->

Man these are tough to answer....one mans meat is another mans poison as the saying goes.

I am in Semogue mode at the moment, I have three boars, 1305, 1470 & 620 and a silvertip - 2015HD. As far as value for money, Semogues are excellent. You get a handmade brush that excells at making lather.

The brush in the link that Tony sent looks like it would fit your bill nicely too. Nice collection of brushes there too.

I say buy two brushes; The Simpsons Commodore and the Semogue 1305. Approx $100.00 for the pair

henkverhaar: you are referring to Bernd (Shavemac)?
Blyth Spirit and fozz77: I'm sorry but I'm a man rate :p
antdad: Commodore is a fine brush. I really like the Tulip.

What do you think about the quality of the new Simpson / Vulfix?

Chris has recently posted this:
<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://theshavingroom.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1348</a><!-- l -->

When I think of an all round brush that is good for soap or creams I think of the Simpson's Commodore or Duke in Best hair that is priced between 40 - 80 Euro's depending on size. They are reasonably priced good all rounders. If you have a higher budget the Tulip's will also fit the bill although they are in Super hair. Vulfix quality can vary but they have good customer service if there are ever any problems.

jhclaire had a Tulip 2...once, you could ask him. 2 bands prefer soap.

fozz77 said:
Italian Shave, I am not picking up what you are laying down with this; Blyth Spirit and fozz77: I'm sorry but I'm a man rate :?:

I wanted to say I love the badger brushes . I do not like boar brush so the Semogue is not for me.
I apologize for my bad English!
Regards

Italian Shave said:
fozz77 said:
Italian Shave, I am not picking up what you are laying down with this; Blyth Spirit and fozz77: I'm sorry but I'm a man rate :?:

I wanted to say I love the badger brushes . I do not like boar brush so the Semogue is not for me.
I apologize for my bad English!
Regards

No apology required mate. Thx anyway and good luck with your quest.

Back
Top Bottom