My morning cup of coffee Nice :)

Mycupofjoe712014_zpsb893724b.jpg

My morning cuppa is a sweetened one made with Lavazza crema e gusto and a squirt of condensed milk I love it.

So Morning quiz question how was it made?

Too much volume for an espresso machine double and a squirt.

You wouldn't use pre-ground Lavazza in a cafetiere, I don't think.

Moka pot or aeropress?

antdad said:
Too much volume for an espresso machine double and a squirt.

You wouldn't use pre-ground Lavazza in a cafetiere, I don't think.

Moka pot or aeropress?

nice try it was made with a Brikka

jaycey said:
So Morning quiz question how was it made?
With tender loving care ;)

Brewed on an open fire and tin of condensed milk warmed between the ample bossom of a beautiful young lady :heart:

Is that how you have coffee at your house?

Can I come and watch? ;)

antdad said:
Brikka is just a fancy moka pot isn't it? F88k me I nearly got it right then.

I've been using the 2 cup Brikka for a while know and it makes coffee quicker than my old 2 cup moka pot this is because the base is much bigger. when I make black coffee it will create a frothy type crema which makes it look like an espresso that does taste as good as the ones I have had in coffee shops. I'll put a picture of a black coffee next time I make one.

I love it :)

John said:
Your doing well, I've only managed to get the burnt coffee taste out of my one. Probably my fault :blush:

I do play around with it a bit what does seem to give consistent results is not to put too much coffee in it 2 heaped teaspoons full max this will leave the basket half full no tamping needed Also I use gas and make sure that the flames don't go over the edge of the base.

The only other thing I do is as soon as it blows I switch off the gas, let it fill and then serve straight away.

The only other thing I can think of is unlike the normal moka pots you don't fill it to under the saftey valve you measure your water with the top jug filling it to the h2o mark then pour that into the base that's it.

Big.Dave said:
John said:
Your doing well, I've only managed to get the burnt coffee taste out of my one. Probably my fault :blush:

I do play around with it a bit what does seem to give consistent results is not to put too much coffee in it 2 heaped teaspoons full max this will leave the basket half full no tamping needed Also I use gas and make sure that the flames don't go over the edge of the base.

The only other thing I do is as soon as it blows I switch off the gas, let it fill and then serve straight away.

The only other thing I can think of is unlike the normal moka pots you don't fill it to under the saftey valve you measure your water with the top jug filling it to the h2o mark then pour that into the base that's it.

Probably where I'm going wrong, as my one is a cheepy from asda.........super.....:blush::blush::blush: next pay day I'll get a proper one :)

LOL I can see my wanky asda version is a compleat shambles. :s

I just bought: 'Bialetti Brikka Espresso Maker, 2 cup', going to stamp on the asda one and chuck it in the bin now :mad:

The weird thing is most espresso blends start to lose crema about a fortnight after roasting, whereas Lavazza will probably have been roasted months ago by the time it's on the shelves here. Out of the Italian big brands it's my fave.

I've been playing with my Bialetti Brikka Espresso 2 cup that arrived today, makes nice coffee.

LOL, I did feel that 98% of Italy was 'looking on' however, with there eyes burning into my sole, cursing and laughing at my mistakes :blush:

Back
Top Bottom