My hair is falling out

Has anybody had the same problem with a Simpson brush. Everytime I use my duke 2 it loses at least one hair, if not two or three. I'm not exactly rough in whippin' up the froth so what's going on? I've heard others over the years have had similar problems, but I would have thought this sort of thing would be ironed-out by now.

If its a new brush that's not too unusual, it will probably settle down. If its been going on for months give Vulfix Simpson an email they are usually very helpful and will probably offer a replacement. Quality control has been varied over the years.

My Duke 3 sheds fairly consistently but not enough for me to worry about as I don't use it every day.

Thanks for that I'll keep my eye on it and if it gets worse I'll give Vulfix a call. I've been using about three times a week for the past three months though the hair shedding hasn't been noticable until the past six weeks or so.

Yes. I have a Simpson's Special in Best Badger and it sheds 1 or 2 hairs per shave. Despite this, it still gets the job done after more than a year of almost daily use. Once it stops performing, I'll buy another. I think it was only about 27 quid.

Ian

Just to add...an American vendor recommends giving a brush a good shampoo and combing, this should get rid of those hairs teetering on the edge of adhesion, bear in mind there are thousands of hairs in even the smallest knots.

Back
Top Bottom