Muhle R89 head thread size

Hi guys.

Got a question that I wondered if you could answer for me please.

I have the Gillette Heritage that I occasionally swap the handle out and use the one that came with my stainless steel Karve. The thread on the Karve is 10/32 inch according to their website.

It's mentioned a lot that the Gillette Heritage head is the Muhle R89 head.

I have the chance to get a spare Muhle R89 head cheap, and was wondering will this Muhle R89 head fit on the Karve handle, or did Gillette do some kind of alteration with the threading for its use in the Heritage.

Thanks for the help @RussellR5555

So Gillette must have altered the thread on their Heritage head, to fit their included handle (even though its rumoured to have been made by Muhle), as the Gillette Heritage head fits perfectly on the Karve handle. Interesting.

Thanks for the help @RussellR5555

So Gillette must have altered the thread on their Heritage head, to fit their included handle (even though its rumoured to have been made by Muhle), as the Gillette Heritage head fits perfectly on the Karve handle. Interesting.
I think it is probably an R89 clone made to Gillette Spec and being American they maybe requested 10/32 , 10/32 is a tiny bit smaller than M5.

I think it is probably an R89 clone made to Gillette Spec and being American they maybe requested 10/32 , 10/32 is a tiny bit smaller than M5.

I think you are right with that.

I remembered my girlfriend has the Edwin Jagger DE89 (which I believe was designed along with Muhle and the heads and baseplate look identical to the Gillette Heritage head). When I tried the Edwin Jagger head on the Karve handle, it caught on the first few threads and then stopped.

I expect that if I need an additional head to use with the Karve handle at some point, I should be able to get an R89 type head that would fit it?

Thanks for the help :)

Last edited:
Thanks again. I'll start a new post and ask what R89 type heads will definitely fit the Karve Handle.
Appreciate the help, thank you.

Back
Top Bottom