Merkur 34C comparison

Hi folks,

I'm mulling over getting a Merkur 34C, my current daily driver is the Rockwell 6S on the 4 plate which pretty much hits the sweet spot. Can anyone give a rough comparison as to how the 34C compares to the 6C on this setting in terms of mildness or aggression? If its going to be way milder or way more aggressive I might not jump in.

Many thanks

The 34C is more like plate 3 on the 6C, plate 4 is quite a bit more efficient.
Having said that, the 34C is a perfectly capable razor, once you get your technique sorted.
For not a lot more outlay, you could pick up a Game Changer .84. It's solid stainless steel and performs on par with the 6C on plate 4 imo

The 34C is more like plate 3 on the 6C, plate 4 is quite a bit more efficient.
Having said that, the 34C is a perfectly capable razor, once you get your technique sorted.
For not a lot more outlay, you could pick up a Game Changer .84. It's solid stainless steel and performs on par with the 6C on plate 4 imo
+1 on all of Paul's points above

Hi folks,

I'm mulling over getting a Merkur 34C, my current daily driver is the Rockwell 6S on the 4 plate which pretty much hits the sweet spot. Can anyone give a rough comparison as to how the 34C compares to the 6C on this setting in terms of mildness or aggression? If its going to be way milder or way more aggressive I might not jump in.

Many thanks

The 34C it's probably same as plate 3 on the 6S in efficiency.

The 34D was given to me by my wife as first razor on this journey, i used to like it until I bought other razors and the 34D never saw action again, I haven't sold it because it was a gift. The 34D it's the only razor that rubbed my skin with a corner while going XTG on my neck, funny but I've tried several other razos without that problem.

You might like the smaller profile of the 34C as the 6S has a rather chunky profile.

To me, it feels like going from the 6S to a 34C a backward step but that's just my opinion :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom