May 2020 Acquisitions

Which do you prefer from the 2 ?
It's too early to say. The fit and finish of the two is equally good, and both are very elegant in design. The Vector is obviously a bit slimmer, which makes it very agile, but the general is by no means a chunky beast (I'm looking at you, Mongoose) and I had no problems shaving the tricky area under my nose on my first use of the General. The fact the General is a little bit beefier might even be an advantage, in that it could stand up better than the Vector to accidental damage.
The General seemed very smooth and efficient with a fresh Schick Proline blade, but the shave wasn't quite as comforable and easy as with the Vector, or my ATT SE1. However, that's to be expected with a new razor and it might well equal the Vector after a while, or possibly even perform better, although that would take some doing.

Brooks Brothers aftershave
Qr9z4Yc.jpg

In April I obtained a second-hand Gillette razor (no idea what model - cheap) which came with four Gillette blades. Not the best of razors, very light and the markings almost rubbed off. Just needs a clean - will try it as a challenge. The blades are interesting, no idea what vintage they are (probably 70s?) but seem to be in good shape judging by the paper test and no corrosion.
Capture.JPG

Back
Top Bottom