Maseto 26mm 2 band extra dense alternatives

The excellent Maseto 26mm 2 band badger is my current daily driver, however they seem to have stopped making this as only the 24mm is available now, I've tried a few alternatives at this price point but nothing has quite the density I'm after, i face lather so like the resistance of the Maseto, I've seen the dscosemtic (DS) has something similar, can anyone advise or suggest an alternative?

Hi...please compare as per picture..I have both Yaqi Moka & DS Cosmetic 26mm 2 band although the DS they named as 2 band Silvertip..
20200408_140509.jpg
20200408_140822.jpg
I used both for bowl and face lather. Prefer face lather with it though. Both is very very nice for face lather. In my short exeperince..the DS have a slight advantage over the Moka in that the DS does not hog as much lather. I prefer the DS handle too ever slightly....not as slippery.
Aliexpress just concluded their 10th anniversary sale where the DS could be had for just US20 shipped.
I snagged an Oumo SHD Manchurian 28mm..though;)
Hope this helps..
P/S...I would take both the Moka and DS...

Oumo SHD Manchurian 28mm is looking like a contender, the DS looks good though, thanks for the compare
I'm probably a little late to the party on this but if you get in touch with Alina Oumo on FB, she is open to a little discussion on price. Also, if you follow them on AliExpress, certain products attract discounts.

The excellent Maseto 26mm 2 band badger is my current daily driver, however they seem to have stopped making this as only the 24mm is available now, I've tried a few alternatives at this price point but nothing has quite the density I'm after, i face lather so like the resistance of the Maseto, I've seen the dscosemtic (DS) has something similar, can anyone advise or suggest an alternative?

Have you tried ebay.com instead of ebay.co.uk? I remember that Maseto would offer items to the American market that weren't offered to the UK market.

I have one of those extra dense 26mm 2 band badger brush and I find that it takes a really big load for a 3 pass shave, I prefer the 24mm. I've come to the conclusion that I prefer less dense badger brushes... each to their own

Back
Top Bottom