Margaritas In the Arctic - How to lather

This bad boy just arrived. Smells magnificent. I look forward to giving it a go.
It seems very soft, almost like half way between a soap and cream.
How would you recommend approaching lathering it? Lift a wee blob with the finger and toss into my bowl? Or load up the brush in the soap dish itself then lather in bowl?

Attachments

• 788366F1-0F2C-4D5F-82F6-4B98A2EC1EB9.jpeg
    788366F1-0F2C-4D5F-82F6-4B98A2EC1EB9.jpeg
    144 KB · Views: 14
This bad boy just arrived. Smells magnificent. I look forward to giving it a go.
It seems very soft, almost like half way between a soap and cream.
How would you recommend approaching lathering it? Lift a wee blob with the finger and toss into my bowl? Or load up the brush in the soap dish itself then lather in bowl?
I have the Iced Pineapple and I go straight from the tub with a wet brush. Rinse out after and leave upside down for at least 24hrs to dry out.

Personal preference I think, see what works for you. Leaves it like that rather than clumps taken out of the bowl which I prefer.

20200820_104636.jpg

I have the Iced Pineapple and I go straight from the tub with a wet brush. Rinse out after and leave upside down for at least 24hrs to dry out.

Personal preference I think, see what works for you. Leaves it like that rather than clumps taken out of the bowl which I prefer.

View attachment 58556
Good point DC, much nicer looking than a pit riddled tub.

That's the approach I'll take later on.

This thing is getting serious. I'm convinced I've found the blade for me with the Silver Blues, so I just bought a thousand of them. That should be me covered now for about 8 years

This thing is getting serious. I'm convinced I've found the blade for me with the Silver Blues, so I just bought a thousand of them. That should be me covered now for about 8 years
There'll still be that nagging voice in the back of your head saying but what if another blade works better than the GSBs? So you'll buy more :LOL:

There'll still be that nagging voice in the back of your head saying but what if another blade works better than the GSBs? So you'll buy more :LOL:

Probably lol. At least they don't take up much space. Our plan is still to move to NZ within three years or so. I wonder how many blades I can have in checked luggage before I upset any customs officials? We will see.

1000 blades.

There's nothing more enjoyable than seeing a newcomer take to this hobby/addiction with such great dedication.

You have found your new home.

As for lathering the soap, I'd actually recommend taking a small chunk of soap at lathering that, I find from personal experience I get better control of my lathers that way, but it's about finding what suits you the most.

I load it from the tub. MITA is a great soap. Practice test lathering on your hand Ed to see a) what works best for you b) the soap to water ratio that works for the soap

I'm nearly at the end of a tub of this. Great soap and I follow it up with the matching ASL.

I just add a few drops of water to it before showering and use the bloom as a pre shave.

David.

Hey...good man. You will like it here!
Any thoughts on what part of the country?
I'm in Nelson area (top of the South Island). We must meet up for a beer one day!

That's cool, I had no idea we'd have kiwis on here!

I've been a couple of times and loved it.
My wife was born in Belfast, but her parents moved to Levin (North Island) when she was 4.
She met me in a bar in Belfast in 2008 and the rest is history.
We'll probably be living with her mum for a while until we can find a place to buy. Either Levin or Paraparaumu, depending on how crazy the prices are by the time we get sorted.

Good news is my employer is international (software) and would rather employ me remotely from NZ to cover the APAC region than lose me. So I should have a job and a place to stay from day one.

We have family near Dunedin too, so a wee ferry ride down to the south island for a tour would not be off the cards :)

Depends on your 'likes' too.
I am so NOT into bloody snow and snow sports.
Stupid white fluffy stuff floating out of the sky, and it's damn cold too.
I moved to Nelson from further South. Better climate, lovely beaches, etc.
If you actually like snow then fine, you can get to snow fairly rapidly as we are a narrow country and most of the snow is up in the middle bits.
If you want fishing (sea, or trout/salmon), scuba diving, deer/pig hunting, etc then we can fit you in with most of those quite easily.
My local beach...

Back
Top Bottom