left handers

just started reading this sub forum last week, and wouldnt you just know it, i have a couple of jianhao pens and some diamine inks headed my way... hey ho.

i was gifted a fountain pen when i was younger but being left handed i was quickly put off by the constant smudging of my hand following the ink.

i think i have a bit more perseverance now, and can adapt my writing style. i would like to know how any other left handers are finding their fountain pen experiences.

How do you write?

Do you curl your wrist over or slant the paper?

I slant the paper and don't have any problems at all with smudging.

I just have standard fountain pens. Again, I don't have any problems with them.

I'm not sure of the advantages of a left handed nib.

when i write with a ballpoint i tend to curl my hand over, but ive been trying to work out in my head how ill write with a fountain pen. i reckon slanting the paper and writing from underneath will be the best approach.

Good ink and paper is a key. I have no issue when I use Tomoe River paper or Banditapple notebooks

I wrote with paper at angle which suit me and my hand is slightly above the line I am writing

Left Handed nibs for my are useless. I recommend nib size F

PS also midori is good. Ink I like is pilot, pelikan edelstein and Diamine

If you like writing things down I recommend Midori Travellers Notebook. It comes in great lather cover where you can add notebooks and other stuff. Banditapple fits there. I love mine and waiting for 4th generation of banditApple notebook release

Back
Top Bottom