Lavazza

Morning

Currently using the 9.99 bargain from Lidl.

1kg bag of Lavazza Espresso. The one in the brown bag.

It is producing a milder coffee but the crema is excellent.

18 months on the Iberital MC2 and the Gaggia Classic are doing an excellent job.

Yrs

Slick

michaelg said:
Or try Italian Job from Rave for £9.59 a kilo and £1.85 postage. You won't look back! Much fresher and the smell is so nice the postman usually mentions it.

Really liking Rave coffee, not tried Italian Job yet, it's next on my list, but the Mocha Java is excellent.

Excellent. I have not tried Rave. Happy Donkey I have tried in the past and found them to be really good.

People knock Lavazza beans but my results with them have always been pretty darn good.

Thanks for posting.

Yrs Slaicker

Most people on Coffee Forum think Happy Donkey beans ok but Rave, HasBean, Smokey Barn are a lot better. Londinium beans also really good but pricey. I'd buy Lavazza at a push if between that and supermarket own brand but when you can buy beans roasted a few days prior to your purchase of traceable origin and support UK business for the same price then why not? :)

Slick said:
People knock Lavazza beans but my results with them have always been pretty darn good.

I drink my coffee with milk so to me the bean choice isn't the be all. I get my Lavazza beans from Amazon using 'subscribe and save' so 1kg is currently £12.30. I make a kind of cross between a latte and a flat white that always tastes pretty damn good.

Rave is about the same price all in. Are you tied to the subscription? I mostly drink flat whites and wouldn't say I have the most developed palate but I would say can taste the difference. In terms of freshness it's like UHT vs Cravendale. The Lavazza were probably roasted weeks if not months ago. Most roasters I've bought from were at most a week ago and for espresso you want the beans to rest about a week first (no need to wait for brewed)

michaelg said:
Rave is about the same price all in. Are you tied to the subscription? I mostly drink flat whites and wouldn't say I have the most developed palate but I would say can taste the difference. In terms of freshness it's like UHT vs Cravendale. The Lavazza were probably roasted weeks if not months ago. Most roasters I've bought from were at most a week ago and for espresso you want the beans to rest about a week first (no need to wait for brewed)

Interesting, I've checked out the site and their Signature Blend looks worth a try, plus if I buy 2kg the postage is free and it's basically the same price as Amazon Lavazza. Thanks very much for the recommendation! :icon_razz:

Rave beans are stunning value if purchased 1kg plus at a time and free delivery on orders over £25
My roaster of choice for value and more importantly quality

Yup I often buy a couple of kilos and skim off some for my mother in law in Poland who has my old Dualit grinder now. Try some of the single origins too - their website also gives tips on what style of coffee they're best for (e.g. Filter, espresso, flat white etc). All been nice to my tastebuds so far! Another smaller roaster called Smokey Barn have a sale on just now too and they are supposed to be good too.

Re: RE: Lavazza

michaelg said:
Yup I often buy a couple of kilos and skim off some for my mother in law in Poland who has my old Dualit grinder now. Try some of the single origins too - their website also gives tips on what style of coffee they're best for (e.g. Filter, espresso, flat white etc). All been nice to my tastebuds so far! Another smaller roaster called Smokey Barn have a sale on just now too and they are supposed to be good too.

Michael, just realised we are both CFUK members, I post as Yes Row

michaelg said:
Or try Italian Job from Rave for £9.59 a kilo and £1.85 postage. You won't look back! Much fresher and the smell is so nice the postman usually mentions it.

Well on your recommendation I have ordered a kilo :icon_eek:

Reading their description it sounds just my kind of coffee.

Back
Top Bottom