Latest E-Bay Finds

Good work; they look like they will come up a treat.

Give 'em a scrub. Always nice to see a solid, well-made tool emerging from under the soapy bubbles, ready to be used again after an enforced break from active service.

But enough about my bath-time fun . . . .

Rev-O said:

Give 'em a scrub. Always nice to see a solid, well-made tool emerging from under the soapy bubbles, ready to be used again after an enforced break from active service.

:lol: :lol:

Legend !!!

Rev-O said:

Ooh er, missus :shock:

There also appears to be a sunburyboy93 selling a razor on ebay.
Fancy that.

The description says vintage gillette razor British. May I ask what it is? (Sorry I can't tell from the picture. It's not necessarily a bad picture. I'm just not sure what the razor is).

Paul. ;)

Rev-O said:

That is an all time classic. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Paul_D said:
There also appears to be a sunburyboy93 selling a razor on ebay.
Fancy that.

The description says vintage gillette razor British. May I ask what it is? (Sorry I can't tell from the picture. It's not necessarily a bad picture. I'm just not sure what the razor is).

Paul. ;)

I found it at an antique Fair, think it's an old Tech of some kind......cleaned up well

i find em, clean em, and sell them for what i can, i don't make a huge profit, just hope they go to someone that can make good use of em.

Steve
Sunburyboy93 ;)

Rev-O said:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I forget that you lurk around the s/h razor areas. Back at CONUK it was all mixed together.They're not really my thing (apart from your groovy Superspeed!) but I'll take a look now and again as it appears the innuendo quotient can be high!

They've cleaned up beautifully.
May I ask what your technique is?
I have a few old razors I want to clean up and I'm trying to decide if it's worth buying an ultrasonic cleaner (difficult to hide from the boss). The B&B site mentions "scrubbing bubbles" a lot but this doesn't appear to be a product stocked in UK supermarkets.

Paul_D said:
They've cleaned up beautifully.
May I ask what your technique is?
I have a few old razors I want to clean up and I'm trying to decide if it's worth buying an ultrasonic cleaner (difficult to hide from the boss). The B&B site mentions "scrubbing bubbles" a lot but this doesn't appear to be a product stocked in UK supermarkets.

Well what i do with metal razors is put a couple of drops of fairy liquid in a bowl, along with about 3 teaspoons of CIF Power Cream for Bathrooms (Spray Bottle) pour in boiled water & let em sit for an hour, then i pour some warm water in my ultrasonic cleaner (James Priducts Ultra 7000) along with a couple drops more of fairy liquid, and do three cycles in the cleaner (you need to be carful with any adjustable razors with numbers or handles like the black Beauty & black super speeds as the Ultrasonic can take the colour off.... not a big deal with the numbers as you can paint them back on but the handles are a different story)

Then let them dry (thoroughly), then genlty apply Silvo Wadding Polish and buff with a microfibre cloth, for any hard to reach areas or fine detail areas like handles, use a soft tooth brush to buff the polish off.

JOB DONE :D :D :D :D

The main thing is just be careful and don't be too aggresive...think of how old these razors are, it can be easy to cause damage...they just need TLC :oops: :oops:

if anyone else wants to add anything....feel free

I put a bid in (the only bid) for the Gillette tech/new/goodwill.

Whatever it is I haven't got one and I can always sell/pif it on this forum.

Paul.

Scrubbing Bubbles' UK equivalent is Cif Mousse. I use the bathroom stuff as I think the kitchen stuff is more aggressive (de-greaser?).

Let it sit with the foam on for five minutes, then scrub thoroughly with a stiff brush.

Then ultrasonic in warm water.

That usually does it.

I have also put them through the dishwasher, though . . . .

Back
Top Bottom