Kwik-Fit

Approximately 15 years ago I fell out with Kwik-Fit as the local branch tried the hard/pressurised selling on wife for new brakes when she called in for a tyre.

When checked by the local garage the brakes were all good. A tactic that really irritated me at the time. Not used them since. Fast forward, and they do have some belting deals on tyres. Just wondered if such tactics are a thing of the past? I'm also mindful to perhaps stick with the local fitters. Although not competitive with price - trust and confidence means a lot to me.

Rant over ;)

I gave up on Kwik Fit a few years ago when they pointed out wear on the treads of my front tyres and offered to check the wheel alignment. As the tread was not scuffed, but presented the usual wear connected with camber and the Ackerman Principle ( of which the “tyre technician” had never heard ) I made my excuses and left.
I doubt that this leopard has changed its' spots. I'd stick with a local, non chain, garage if you have access to one.

JohnnyO. o/.

I think it's really pot luck on this one. I've had good and bad experiences with both kwik-fit and local independents. Last independent I tried charged me for new valves but actually took the old valves off my old tyres and put them on my new tyres. One of these valves failed a week later, I popped into my local kwik-fit and asked them to have a look. They spotted the ancient valves on the new tyres, put new valves on and charged me nothing at all, as they said they did not have a price code for new values only on their till. They simply suggested I put a donation of my choice in their charity box which I was happy to do

I've used them for the last three years for Mot... Always been really good even show you the stuff that may need looking at before next mot. And cheaper than some of the local garages.

I think it's really pot luck on this one. I've had good and bad experiences with both kwik-fit and local independents. Last independent I tried charged me for new valves but actually took the old valves off my old tyres and put them on my new tyres. One of these valves failed a week later, I popped into my local kwik-fit and asked them to have a look. They spotted the ancient valves on the new tyres, put new valves on and charged me nothing at all, as they said they did not have a price code for new values only on their till. They simply suggested I put a donation of my choice in their charity box which I was happy to do

Nothing but bad for me, will never go back and always advise against using them.

Nothing but bad for me, will never go back and always advise against using them.
Cheers - found a local fitter that comes recommended. On reflection I cannot bring myself to use Kwik-Fit. The local guy is slightly more expensive, but the service will be good with no BS. Going with Hankook tyres.

Cheers - found a local fitter that comes recommended. On reflection I cannot bring myself to use Kwik-Fit. The local guy is slightly more expensive, but the service will be good with no BS. Going with Hankook tyres.
My last encounter with kwik fit was a oil change, had it done before starting work at 16:00, finished work and got about 40 yards and oil light came on, long story short the brass nut came loose and I lost the lot...fortunately I was a bus driver and got a full up of diesel oil and got the nut got torqued to the right setting...the next day I never bothered foning or going in, it would just be all excuses and my fault...I actually smiled a little knowing I would not be back, shocking workmanship ( oil change) and terrible company in general...I usually always done my own changes and very regular because I was using diesel oil in a petrol shogun...I would do 4 a year it done no harm and if it is good enough for £100k buses my old shogun was safe it has a detergent in it and the internal oil runs were bright shiny

Back
Top Bottom