Knot recommendations

I'm looking for suggestions on 28mm knots.

2band, mixed badger and boar and a synthetic.
Not looking to pay stupid prices, just something that's decent value.

Any recommendations?

I'm looking for suggestions on 28mm knots.

2band, mixed badger and boar and a synthetic.
Not looking to pay stupid prices, just something that's decent value.

Any recommendations?
I can't help you with the synthetic knot but I have bought a badger and boar knot from Maggards and was impressed with the price and feel of the knot. P.

If you like boar I can recommend the Jade Omega that has a 27mm knot. It has a lot of backbone breaks in good and the handle is fantastic. I am very happy with mine.

Zenith makes fantastic Manchurian brushes that are two band that are very good value. Might wanna check them out. However, knot diameter is 27mm again..

Sorry, should have said - I have the handles, all of which are bored for 28mm knots.

@Blademonkey - Paul, thanks for the recommendation on the mixed knot. My favourite brush is the Semogue mixed. How does the Maggards one compare?

Sorry, should have said - I have the handles, all of which are bored for 28mm knots.

@Blademonkey - Paul, thanks for the recommendation on the mixed knot. My favourite brush is the Semogue mixed. How does the Maggards one compare?
To be perfectly honest I preferred the Semouge mixed knot, the Maggards although very good had a little more scrub to it. P.

I don't know if Frank Shaving sells its G4 Knots separately. I just got the 28mm 2 weeks ago and I love that know. Lots of backbone, splay perfect, tips super soft and when it's loaded with soap it doesn't have the synthetic feel but more of a 2band badger.
Alternatively, Apshave co in Canada sells knots (synthetic, badger and mixed boar and badger). ;)

Back
Top Bottom