Knights of the Veg-table

Hello gents! The other day was nice and warm, so I decided to wear my Pinaud Clubman Lilac Vegetal aftershave.
Since I only wear it in nice weather, I haven't smelled it in a year. When I put it on I remembered how much I like it.
Now, for those of you who don't know, Ed Pinaud, himself, developed it at the request of Napoleon, for his Hungarian cavalry troops to
wear at formal events and balls. He wanted something refined enough for formal events, but retaining a masculine sense.
And voila, ‘the Veg' was born. Being associated with cavalry, and equestrianism, it was also the favorite scent of American cowboy
actor John Wayne. So naturally, an association with chivalry, and chivalric code makes sense.
Here in the states, some people degradate the glorious neon green goddess that is the Veg. As a result, the barbaric hordes that
reject the Veg must be contained. The brave warriors who defend the honor of the Veg, and the gentlemanly values it represents
are known as Neon (green) Knights, and the collective as The Knights of The Veg-Table.
So I was wondering, if you gents in the U.K. were able to get this juice, and if so, who here on the forum like it.
If you like the Veg, respond to this thread, and you will be considered a member in a noble, completely fictitious, orginization
that has no official power to do anything except enjoy the Veg and maintain the gentlemanly values it represents.
So who among you will ride in the name of this glorious quest, and become a Knight of the Veg-Table?

I am afraid I will have to decline , I tried it and I wasn't too keen to put it mildly.
Hey, you gave it a try! On a lot of the U.S. sights, people make disparaging remarks about it, and have never even
tried it. It's become a sort of meme. As far as the Veg goes, it is a love it or hate it type of scent.
I appreciate your polite response, even though it's not for you. Worthy of the Veg itself.

I have never had the pleasure of trying it, so I can not comment but maintaining gentlemanly values can't be a bad thing.
Keep up the good fight! :) P.
Not knowing about the availability of Clubman products across the pond, I don't know if anyone's familiar with them.
If the shipping wasn't so dodgy, I would to start a Veg passaround.
If you can get the Veg there, may I suggest a passaround. I think the forum members would really enjoy it.

Not knowing about the availability of Clubman products across the pond, I don't know if anyone's familiar with them.
If the shipping wasn't so dodgy, I would to start a Veg passaround.
If you can get the Veg there, may I suggest a passaround. I think the forum members would really enjoy it.
I do believe it is available here in the UK and from what I can recall I don't think it's all that expensive.
I have enough edp's, edt's and aftershave splashes to last me a good while yet but when my stock's have been reduced I may try some. :) P.

I've run out of it, but I like it a lot. I suppose it all depends on personal taste and smell perceptions, but although it seems a bit overwhelming at first, it quickly dries down to a light and, to me, nicely old-fashioned smell. It doesn't last long, though; which may, by some, be considered a blessing.

At the risk of sticking my neck out, the "parallel" UK product, which I also like, but which also raises strong opinions (e.g. "old lady's underclothes drawer"), is "Pashana" aftershave.

Most Pinaud products are/were available to or in the UK (I hesitate to say "readily" at the moment). Shaving Station lists them, Gifts&Care in Spain likewise, and no doubt there are others.

I've run out of it, but I like it a lot. I suppose it all depends on personal taste and smell perceptions, but although it seems a bit overwhelming at first, it quickly dries down to a light and, to me, nicely old-fashioned smell. It doesn't last long, though; which may, by some, be considered a blessing.

At the risk of sticking my neck out, the "parallel" UK product, which I also like, but which also raises strong opinions (e.g. "old lady's underclothes drawer"), is "Pashana" aftershave.

Most Pinaud products are/were available to or in the UK (I hesitate to say "readily" at the moment). Shaving Station lists them, Gifts&Care in Spain likewise, and no doubt there are others.

Congratulations!! Ferrum, you are the first official member of the knights of the Veg-Table U.K.
You will hold a special seat and carry a nobility at court.
Also, your name will always be at the top of the roll call.
To be a Neon Knight just repeat this creed:
‘ I swear to uphold the Order of the Veg.
To use my lance ( razor ), and my shield ( brush ) to do battle with my beard
To smite my stubble, and always pursue the Holy Grail ( baby butt smooth shave )'

In the name of Merkur, Simpson, and Ed Pinaud you are now known on this thread as Sir Ferrum.

Congratulations!! Ferrum, you are the first official member of the knights of the Veg-Table U.K.
You will hold a special seat and carry a nobility at court.
Also, your name will always be at the top of the roll call.
To be a Neon Knight just repeat this creed:
‘ I swear to uphold the Order of the Veg.
To use my lance ( razor ), and my shield ( brush ) to do battle with my beard
To smite my stubble, and always pursue the Holy Grail ( baby butt smooth shave )'

In the name of Merkur, Simpson, and Ed Pinaud you are now known on this thread as Sir Ferrum.
I'm honoured.

Back
Top Bottom