Kent Infinity Silvertex

My first shave with this little brush.

1588523504346.png

Dimensions...knot 22 mm, loft 52 mm.

The handle is a sort of yellow plastic. Probably moulded but there's no mould marks present on mine. Colour wise it reminds me of 'Old Yeller' type pocket knives so I like it. The handle is a bit small right enough but it still works for me.

It's an earlier generation fibre, densely packed with a high loft so it has a lot of backbone. It's stiff. It is a proper scrubber but it has soft tips. Not the softest compared to others like EJ/Muhle or Simpson but soft enough to be comfortable when face lathering. Did I mention it was a scrubber? Ya can really hear it on the facial hair. I found circular motions and paint strokes work well although it's not a splay queen by any stretch.

Do I like it? I'm delighted. It's a great wee brush. Synthetics all have their different characteristics and this one is unlike any other synthetic I own. It's a scrubby wee scrubber and no mistake. Don't let the earlier gen fibres put you off trying one. Cost to me in the UK was £13 posted. Bargain. It will sit right next to my £90 Chubby 1 and be used just as often.

Did I say it was a scrubber? Wait till ya hear it in action. :love:

1588523581949.png

1588523651309.png

As I am a user of the later synthetics, my earlier black fibre brushes are not getting any use.
I never tried the Silvertex, my Yaqi's are probably obsolete already.

I used mine last night and again tonight, and it is indeed a smashing little brush. The lather was cracking, but ... I have got used to a longer or larger handle. With each type of synthetic fibre having its own characteristic, it's good to keep Silvertex in rotation; it's not like another synthetic.

I used mine last night and again tonight, and it is indeed a smashing little brush. The lather was cracking, but ... I have got used to a longer or larger handle. With each type of synthetic fibre having its own characteristic, it's good to keep Silvertex in rotation; it's not like another synthetic.

I agree the handle is small and it is cheap looking. I would have paid a few quid more for a better handle had one been available. It's USP as you say, is it performs very different from other synthetics.

Back
Top Bottom