Kent brushes

New to the world of DE shaving just seen advert for Kent brushes not heard of them what are people's thoughts? Or is there better value options?

New to the world of DE shaving just seen advert for Kent brushes not heard of them what are people's thoughts? Or is there better value options?

The Kent badger brushes tend to be very soft feeling on the face but rather insubstantial and floppy. They're ok if you like the soft mop feel, but I'm not keen. I've only used one of their synthetic brushes, years ago, and it was spiky, springy and generally unpleasant. They might have improved since then, but I've not read many wildly enthusiastic reviews to make me want to try a newer one.
I think that for most people there are better brushes at all the price points covered by Kent, but I won't try to list them here.

My first brush was a Bulldog "original bamboo". Might be able to pick one up in your local Boots. Cheap but good (IMO).

I don't really need a new brush but I was curious to find out what some of the best new synthetics were like so I've got a couple of knots on order from AP Shave Company.

Yaqi are another decent option.

My first serious brush was a Simpson Commodore (pure badger) I picked up second-hand locally, and I also just picked another Simpson from the BST. As a newbie, this is a good way to try what's suit you most at reasonable costs.

Back
Top Bottom