KAI - T type dispo razor

Found these on my travels abroad and thought i would give them a go.
[attachment=11470] [attachment=11471] [attachment=11472] [attachment=11473]
7 of them in the pack. Very lightweight though and small as you can see against the superspeed in the pic. Seems like a nice single edge blade angle and a bendable plastic feel to the body.
The idea seems to be that you fold the handle out flat and then turn the head over into itself when it comes to disposing of it. If its as sharp as the KAI DE blades then kevlar gloves will be on.
A thick waxy paper covers the head, but not sure it would last getting shaken about in a toiletries bag. Probably best in a plastic box or container of some sort.
They were only a quid and if they shave well later they will be in the 'carry on only' travel pack.
Anyhow I thought i would share before it cuts me to ribbons.

Attachments

• IMAG0698 resize.jpg
    IMAG0698 resize.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 58
  • IMAG0699 resize.jpg
    IMAG0699 resize.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 58
  • IMAG0700 resize.jpg
    IMAG0700 resize.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 55
  • IMAG0701 resize.jpg
    IMAG0701 resize.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 50
Well that was a great surprise. Angle of the head was intuitive and just had a really close 2 pass shave WTG then ATG to give it a test. No irritation and the one and only nick was over the adams apple where i tried it out to see what it did. Normally i move the skin to one side.
Simple TOBS sandalwood lather and preshave oil.
The temptation to press was there initially,due to its lightness, but letting the angle of the head do the work paid dividends. I didn't try for BBS and there are areas where there is a rough patch but i wasn't going for anything in particular.
The easier areas to shave are totally smooth.
Whilst its light in the hand it didn't bend in the shave .
It's definitely one for the travel kit. I noticed, in a search, another member Rob Dery had one going for 7 shaves in shave of the day and i can honestly see this one lasting a fair distance.
If you spot them anywhere i would recommend giving them a whirl.
Cheers

Back
Top Bottom