It’s finally arrived!!

Just gave it its maiden voyage . I've been away on business so couldn't take any blades as I traveled with carry on only so a good weeks worth of bristle!
Utterly effortless, hot knife through butter- text book BBS finish!
Baby's been thoroughly cleaned, dried, a once over with a little ‘peek' then buffed with a silicon cloth and put to bed in a blanket of silica gel sachets! WOW!!

Would thoughly recommend anyone in a position to buy a blade today to jump on the sister currently on his eBay store! He has scaled in rams horn which is real nice. I have a 6/8th tungsten with similar scales and they are beautifully translucent and show the silhouette of the blade through the scale !

Think he means the razor. It can get a little tedious to be fair
All part of the fun ! Though if you don't want the extra work of straight razor maintenance I would strongly recommend a feather DX with the plus blades! Frighteningly sharp but the shave is amazing! I started with one - even had it rescaled it's so nice! Drop a fresh blade in when needed and your good to go - surgical stainless so no issues of rust etc!CBE0BBF7-DB5A-498A-B111-8EF9007797D5.jpeg

All part of the fun ! Though if you don't want the extra work of straight razor maintenance I would strongly recommend a feather DX with the plus blades! Frighteningly sharp but the shave is amazing! I started with one - even had it rescaled it's so nice! Drop a fresh blade in when needed and your good to go - surgical stainless so no issues of rust etc!View attachment 38911
Haha yeah, I've got straights and a 12k to keep em going. I'm willing, but I admit it might be easier if you didn't have to

Interesting ! I took that route, I have a yellow lake stone and a coticule, every 6-7 shaves per razor and they get a light touch up then a few passes on a flax /chrome oxide strop - as good ad new every time - hanging hair test blitzed every time !
Was the thing that put me off real straights initially but in reality is not to much hassle - stropping is kind of therapeutic!

Back
Top Bottom