Is my nose broken?

i'm on a rest day today and decided to have a wander around my High St and smell some goodies.

for the first time i had a whiff of the new P+G Old Spice - that didn't bring back any memories at all :cry:
i honestly didn't expect it to be so different, i will not be buying that stuff
couldn't find the Whitewater anywhere.

next up Brut - same smell but christ it was a weak arsed effort, must water it down now :roll:

my Boots is tiny so no own brand stuff to smell

however Superdrugs own brand aftershave smelt well nice and the ingredients look pretty favourable - a future purchase i think
they only had the fern one but there is another scent

Lidl's was wrapped so i couldn't get a whiff, couldn't be arsed to walk to Aldi

hunnymonster said:
[...]... Indian Old Spice is apparently as close as you can get to the Shultons formula....[...]

Is this a group buy alert HM?

I've got a couple of glass bottles of the original OS from the (was Shulton's) PG factory shop at Delaval...seems good to me but I've had it several years, I don't use it so often.

I'd like to try the Indian OS cream...

hando said:
...however Superdrugs own brand aftershave smelt well nice and the ingredients look pretty favourable - a future purchase i think
they only had the fern one but there is another scent

I agree with you there and for £2.50 its worth a shot.

ive been really looking forward to trying old spice as I loved the smell my when I was a child.. Im worried now, It seems I will destroy childhood memories by doing so..

Gonna have to go find a tester and sniff it.

I've also got one of those Superdrug aftershaves called forest fresh and it's quite nice, especially for £2.40.
I can't remember the name of the other one I saw but I swear it smells like Floris JF.

If you can find it anywhere I highly recommend DENIM (regular - not the variations like Musk, Black, Silver or Tornado).

Yeah, yeah, I know what you're thinking but forget the cheesy 80's adverts. It really is the business in terms of scent and performance. It lists glycerin as one of its main ingredients too.

Usually sells for £2 ish for 100ml.

Blyth Spirit said:
hunnymonster said:
[...]... Indian Old Spice is apparently as close as you can get to the Shultons formula....[...]

Is this a group buy alert HM?

I've got a couple of glass bottles of the original OS from the (was Shulton's) PG factory shop at Delaval...seems good to me but I've had it several years, I don't use it so often.

I'd like to try the Indian OS cream...

No - Paul @ Connaught Sells the Indian OS cream (about £4 a tube I recall) - or it's widely available on eBay (seller namaste.world has it and many other Indian creams)

I put a dab of old spice on when I was at the chemist a few weeks back, can't say it was enjoyable.I kept catching wiffs of it over the next couple of hours but did not enjoy.

i just asked the wife and apparantly an old school smell that makes the ladies moist is Blue Stratos :shock:
still available as well :D

i remember Denim and Hai Karate were popular at the school disco, the old man got Burley for his xmas most years, he never wore it but it was a Shulton brand as well

the Superdrug one is Forest Fresh the other has CC initials? Cool Classic or something like that, the own brand stuff isn't on the website and neither is Boots, they seem to be pushing their essentials range

just ordered the Indian Old Spice Original, Lime and Blue Stratos samples :roll:

Blue Stratos would be a hit with the ladies as it has a vanilla note in there and has a touch of the Floris Santal / Penhaligons Endymion about it.

Very much worth the money.

Back
Top Bottom